cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 charge off...is it hurting my scores enough to ask for EE?

tag
Yoshi2015
Contributor

Cap1 charge off...is it hurting my scores enough to ask for EE?

So I have a paid Cap1 CO from October 2015. The DOFD is 5/2009. Should I attempt an EE? It is my oldest tradeline. Will I have any major score gains from removal or is it more beneficial for me to leave it on since it is helping my AAOA? (I think. ......) Smiley Happy 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Cap1 charge off...is it hurting my scores enough to ask for EE?

Have you ever made a GW request to the creditor for removal of only the charge-off?

Message 2 of 6
Yoshi2015
Contributor

Yes and I have been unsuccessful thus far. 

Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Yoshi2015 wrote:

Yes and I have been unsuccessful thus far. 

Then begin requesting EE to have it removed, TU typically does 6 months out, the other 2 1-3 months.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yoshi2015 wrote:

So I have a paid Cap1 CO from October 2015. The DOFD is 5/2009. Should I attempt an EE? It is my oldest tradeline. Will I have any major score gains from removal or is it more beneficial for me to leave it on since it is helping my AAOA? (I think. ......) Smiley Happy 

Payment history is 35% of scoring. AAoA is 15%.

Message 5 of 6
AutoBot
Established Contributor

My 2 cents. I just had 3 CAP1 charge-off accounts removed from Experian and my FICO8 didn't budge one point. I guess the older the charge-offs are, the less weight they have.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.