Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 is not my friend right now.

tag
Familywantsahouse
Frequent Contributor

Cap1 is not my friend right now.

I'm learning as I go here. How should I handle this?

Firstly, i'm already above the middle score I need for the mortgage (I think), but I'd like to get it as high as possible obviously.

I have one nearly 7 year old CO reporting from cap1. NCO is servicing the debt. I sent them a settlement offer yesterday. Fico simulator says utilization is the number one thing killing the score, and estimates 100 point increase to pay it down. This CO is what's killing the utilization, making it around 100%. It's not a huge amount of money, but I'd prefer NOT to PIF given it's going to age off in 7 months. Plus I got the contract for a new build yesterday and there are some things we'd have to pay for out of pocket so I need to monitor my reserves, if we go that route.

I also sent GW letters to Cap1 for deletion of the account to several different addresses.

I was in contact with someone in the executive office last week about this. Should I start calling up Cap1 now and offering to settle? I just need it to report a zero balance. Will this "re age" the debt if I get a settled for less than full balance remark? Wait it out and see if NCO responds?

I need to know how to make this report a zero balance without re-aging it...in the fastest way possible. Thoughts?

2/24 (Lender Pull) EQ 613, TU 553, EX 589
April EQ 633, My Fico TU 638, EX ??
Current EQ 643, TU 652, EX 633 (lender pull 5/11)
Goal (we made it!!)- Over 640 middle by 5/15
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
How2increase
Regular Contributor

Re: Cap1 is not my friend right now.

I do believe that it will re-age. I would keep sending GW letters to cap1 and PFD to nco.. I'm guessing that cap1 won't accept payment? Did they say you would HAVE to pay nco? You also said that you spoke with someone last week in the executive office? They denied your request.

I am also dealing with cap1 and so far have not been successful. I wish you luck 😁
Jan 2012 TU 517 EX(fako) 524 EQ 470
Current score LENDER PULL TU 652 EX 641 EQ 617
Yayy we made it!!!
Message 2 of 3
casmith1980
Established Contributor

Re: Cap1 is not my friend right now.

Paying in full will not re-age the account.  The DOFD will never change regardless of paying the debt in full.

I know you'd like to get this deleted at the same time of paying it in full, but regardless I think it's best to pay it, and then send the GW letters. 

(I try to look at things as if I were the creditor:  I'd be more willing to delete something that has already been paid than agree to delete if I get payment)

just my two cents.  I wish you luck!

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.