Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 pre-approval w/ unpaid Cap1 charge-off???I'

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 pre-approval w/ unpaid Cap1 charge-off???I'

Hi. Burned Cap1 in BK and my husband and I just rec'd the Plat and Quicksilver with 3000 limits, only a few weeks after discharge.

Message 21 of 29
dreamcaster1122
Valued Member

I had 2 charge offs with them 07, and 11. Paid the one from 07 with a settlement, never touched the one from 11 and i got a pre approved offer from them in the mail last year and applied, approved $300 6 months later $2000 credit limit increase
Message 22 of 29
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

Congratulations! You have been approved!!

I think it truly is amazing that they approved me w an unpaid co. Or a lack in judgment.  While i appreciate it, i dont know if i would have approved myself!  Small, $300 limit, but i will take it. 

Thank you everybody for your replies. 

I think i will call cap 1 and ask them to charge the full $300 minus whatever fees, and begin applying it to my CO.  Any thoughts on if this will work?

Please let me know, any advice and/or guidance is greatly appreciated!

Sounds like you're in credit steps. You'll get an increase in a couple of months. 

But I don't think that is a good idea to send the money to the CO, simply because Capital One will not delete once it's paid for. Just leave it alone and let your new card with them grow and hopefully soon your tradelines will be falling off.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 23 of 29
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@dreamcaster, how did you manage to get such a large cli in only 6 months?  Any tips?

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 24 of 29
dreamcaster1122
Valued Member

Believe me, when I logged on to my account one day and saw it i said to myself "this has to be wrong" lol I kept thinking they were gonna take it away haha but it's still there lol this is what I did, got the card in april, used it continually throughout each month leading up to sept when I got the cli, as far as payments the first 3-4 months i paid it down to 10-15% utilization. Towards the last 2 months befor I got my cli i paid it down to 0 those months but still continued to used it obviously. One thing I did with this card that I never did with my other 2 cap one cards was i filled out the income bar on their website once I was logged into my account the very first month i got the card, don't know if that helped? But that's what I did
Message 25 of 29
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

I would as it's likely for real.  I burned Cap1 for 3k during my BK and they gave me 2 unsecured cards. One at 1k another for 3k. Many people on here have seen similar results.  You should do fine and actually might be surprised at how welll you do with them.  Good luck.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. Is that a secured or unsecured card that they gave you?

Message 27 of 29
dreamcaster1122
Valued Member

Me?..mine was unsecured
Message 28 of 29
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

mine is also unsecured. I believe its the QuicksilverOne. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.