Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 pre-approval w/ unpaid Cap1 charge-off???I'

tag
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap1 pre-approval w/ unpaid Cap1 charge-off???I'

thats amazing!  It seems like theres quite a bit of experiences where theres a capital one C-O, yet they are willing to extend credit. This makes them "seem" like a friendly company. But when it comes to good willing paid baddies, they are stubborn as a mule, and almost as smart!! What gives? Makes no sense at all. 

Anyone else out there with similar cap1 experience?

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 11 of 29
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

No surprise here.  I burned them for 3k in BK and they gave me a Plat MC 1k and a QS1 3k. Smiley Very Happy   To say thank you I pump all the money I can thru the QS1 , buy and pay , buy and pay, and with some luck I'll see even more luv with a nice CLI soon.

Honestly ,I feel compelled to pay the the 3k I burned them for .  Every now and then I struggle with that.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 12 of 29
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

I dont think they are legally able to take your payment post bk. But if its voluntary, i guess it could work. Or how about you make a donation to your fave charity in cap1's name?  Lol

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 13 of 29
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

I dont think they are legally able to take your payment post bk. But if its voluntary, i guess it could work. Or how about you make a donation to your fave charity in cap1's name?  Lol

You could be correct, Im not sure.  I think I can offer it up voluntarily though and they can accept. However it is written off so probably no point.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 14 of 29
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

I presume the debt was paid?

Nope, neither of them were. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

do a search on here and you will find quite a few stories of people getting a secured card from Cap1 with COs. When I did the preapproval in April they preapproved me for the secured card. I went back this last moth and ran it again. They had nothing preapproved but just recommended the Platinum unsecured so I went for it. Was pleasantly surprised. Not that I want to use it like a CC. I use it like a debit card. I use it and pay it immediately. I pay attention to the reporting date and leave 1-10% and pay that before the due date. Keeps my scores up nad climbing!

thats pretty crazy!  Maybe i will give it a shot and apply. I have nothing to loose. Im still rebuilding, and not planning on using my credit anytime soon. Who can figure out Cap1?  There a tough nut for sure. 

Thanks for your reply!

Message 16 of 29
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Im pulling the trigger. With all these positive experiences, im willing to roll the dice and take my chances!  I will report back in a few what happens!

Message 17 of 29
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Im pulling the trigger. With all these positive experiences, im willing to roll the dice and take my chances!  I will report back in a few what happens!

Good luck!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 18 of 29
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Cool, keep us posted and good luck!

Message 19 of 29
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Congratulations! You have been approved!!

I think it truly is amazing that they approved me w an unpaid co. Or a lack in judgment.  While i appreciate it, i dont know if i would have approved myself!  Small, $300 limit, but i will take it. 

Thank you everybody for your replies. 

I think i will call cap 1 and ask them to charge the full $300 minus whatever fees, and begin applying it to my CO.  Any thoughts on if this will work?

Please let me know, any advice and/or guidance is greatly appreciated!

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.