Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne 30,60,90 day lates removed!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CapOne 30,60,90 day lates removed!!!!

Hello folks,

I just wanted to share with you the success I had the other day with getting my 2 Cap One cards that had lates on them removed.

Cap One Quicksilver One had 30,60,90 day lates from june, july, august of this year

Cap One Platinum had 30,60,90,30 day lates from june, july, august, september of this year

I was involved in a car accident and unable to do anything since I was in ICU for a month. Long story short the bills went unpaid. I called CapOne when I had the time and got the accounts current then I wrote a letter to capone CEO never got a response...So I finally tried the EO. Spoke to an awesome guy ***** and I told him what happened and he said he would put it in for revue that I was asking if they would be able to do anything about removing the lates out of goodwill. 4 days later I get a call from K**** and he told me that it was approved and that they will be removing the late marks from all 3 CB's!!!! I will be getting a letter in the mail to confirm so I have my fingers crossed, he said it could take 60-90days for the CB's to update it in their system. I'm so pumped!! My scores took an almost 100point drop because of these 2 cards so Im hoping it will rebucket me into a higher bracket so my scores keep going up. 

Thank you to all the advice from those on this forum!

-Sean

**Disclaimer** This worked for me, your mileage may vary. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
ABC123TLC
Contributor

Re: CapOne 30,60,90 day lates removed!!!!

You put his name in there... i would *** it out....don't want to stir up anything

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought I had it *** but I fixed it. thanks for the heads up

Message 3 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello folks,

I just wanted to share with you the success I had the other day with getting my 2 Cap One cards that had lates on them removed.

Cap One Quicksilver One had 30,60,90 day lates from june, july, august of this year

Cap One Platinum had 30,60,90,30 day lates from june, july, august, september of this year

I was involved in a car accident and unable to do anything since I was in ICU for a month. Long story short the bills went unpaid. I called CapOne when I had the time and got the accounts current then I wrote a letter to capone CEO never got a response...So I finally tried the EO. Spoke to an awesome guy ***** and I told him what happened and he said he would put it in for revue that I was asking if they would be able to do anything about removing the lates out of goodwill. 4 days later I get a call from Kevin and he told me that it was approved and that they will be removing the late marks from all 3 CB's!!!! I will be getting a letter in the mail to confirm so I have my fingers crossed, he said it could take 60-90days for the CB's to update it in their system. I'm so pumped!! My scores took an almost 100point drop because of these 2 cards so Im hoping it will rebucket me into a higher bracket so my scores keep going up. 

Thank you to all the advice from those on this forum!

-Sean

**Disclaimer** This worked for me, your mileage may vary. 

This is great news... congrats!  Smiley Very Happy

To me, this is exactly what a 'goodwill' removal is for.  You were late due to no fault of your own, and there was truly no way to foresee that you would be in a car accident and in ICU for a month.  I'm sure the EO could also see that this was likely a 'one-time' thing by reviewing your credit report. 

I'm not saying that others with less severe circumstances should not try for 'goodwill' removals as well, just that if anybody deserves one, you certainly do.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! That's so awesome of CapOne to do that for you! I truly have no beef with these guys and this solidifies my position with them. Thanks for sharing!

Message 5 of 8
RCOH
Regular Contributor

I have a similar situation myself.

I was browsing the forum looking for suggestions when I ran across your thread.

I owe Capital One $84.00. I had a secured card with them, that is the amount owed after applying my security deposit.

My account went past due 30,60,90, etc just as your's for nearly the same situation.

I was in the hospital, lost my income and couldn't make my payment's.

I'm able to pay the balance now but wasn't sure what to do. What is an "EO"? I was going to just send in the full payment accompanied with a GW letter but am not sure if that's the correct/best plan or not now?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Starting Score 12/15 (FICO 8) EQ: 488 :-(
7/16 (FICO 8) EX:611 - TU: 579 - EQ 599 --- Goal 660+
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The EO is the executive office. You can search the forums for the number. If you were in the same situation, give them a call.....however, I know they had to change the number recently because people were calling them for everything, even stuff a normal rep could handle. It sounds like your situation would be a good reason to give them a call.

I would still pay your account to zero if it was me.

Message 7 of 8
RCOH
Regular Contributor

I plan on it.

I'll send a GW letter with the payment. If that's doesn't work getting the late paymemt's removed I'll try getting in touch with someone else higher up.

Thank's for the reply.

Starting Score 12/15 (FICO 8) EQ: 488 :-(
7/16 (FICO 8) EX:611 - TU: 579 - EQ 599 --- Goal 660+
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.