Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne CLI phone review question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CapOne CLI phone review question

I asked this in the Credit Cards section but after thinking about it decided I should've posted my question here. I am rebuilding and also in the Credit Steps CapOne program. I just copied my question from the other doeum.
On 12/11/15 I received a $100 cli on plat and qs cards. Since then a statement has cut and I requested another cli but was denied to due to recent increase.

This morning I decided to do rhe online chat and asked to convert my Plat to QS rewards and received that! I then asked for rhe rep to review my account cor another cli and my laptop powered off and won't come back on bleh.

Anyway I decided to call and was transferred to a "supervisor" and she said they can't manually review accounts for cli. She said they can only be done online or via rhe automated phone systsm. Because of the inconvenience she offersd me a $30 credit on each card. I took it of course but thought it was kind of funny.

Now my question, should I call again to request a cli? My 3rd statement just cut on the 25th and I will be making payments on the 31st.

Thank you for always answering my questions!! You guys rock!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: CapOne CLI phone review question

Are you concerned at all about the creditor doing a hard inquiry in order to evaluate your CLI request?

I dont know specifically about Cap1, but a consumer initiated request for credit permits the creditor to do a hard pull.

Be awre that you are granting them permissible purpose.  I would check as to whether they code such CLI requests as hard before proceeding........

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I asked this in the Credit Cards section but after thinking about it decided I should've posted my question here. I am rebuilding and also in the Credit Steps CapOne program. I just copied my question from the other doeum.
On 12/11/15 I received a $100 cli on plat and qs cards. Since then a statement has cut and I requested another cli but was denied to due to recent increase.

This morning I decided to do rhe online chat and asked to convert my Plat to QS rewards and received that! I then asked for rhe rep to review my account cor another cli and my laptop powered off and won't come back on bleh.

Anyway I decided to call and was transferred to a "supervisor" and she said they can't manually review accounts for cli. She said they can only be done online or via rhe automated phone systsm. Because of the inconvenience she offersd me a $30 credit on each card. I took it of course but thought it was kind of funny.

Now my question, should I call again to request a cli? My 3rd statement just cut on the 25th and I will be making payments on the 31st.

Thank you for always answering my questions!! You guys rock!

AFAIK, they are pretty adamant about their CLI rules. One within a couple of months after opening, then the automatic CLI at six months, and its one every six motnhs after that. Never have heard of anyone getting more than that, or being successful with a telephone recon.

What are your current scores, and what is your card usage?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once you accepted the 100$ increase that is it until your credit step increase. No if's and's and but's. Then a minimum of every six months thereafter, but most likely longer in most cases.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores are 580 to 601 and usage is at the limit every month of $300 per card well now $400. I'm finally grasping how to actually utilize the cards and work on usage and paying every two weeks.

Thank you all for the breakdown of how their CLIs work. I'll just get some garden gnomes to keep me company while I work om the rebuilding process.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My scores are 580 to 601 and usage is at the limit every month of $300 per card well now $400. I'm finally grasping how to actually utilize the cards and work on usage and paying every two weeks.

Thank you all for the breakdown of how their CLIs work. I'll just get some garden gnomes to keep me company while I work om the rebuilding process.

Keep up the usage like that, in fact run them up twice a month if you can, and don't let them report a high statement balance and you should get pretty good CLI's at the 6 month mark. They will usually do soft pulls about every three months, and the CLI will be based on their last soft pull.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.