Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne CLIs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CapOne CLIs

For all the CO credit steps users out there - I have a QS1 (opened 8/12/15) and a Platinum (opened 9/8/15) both in credit steps.  I have gotten CLIs after the 2nd statement on both cards now (heavy usage and lots of payments a month).  QS1 SL $300 --> $800 on 10/21.  Platinum SL $500 -->$1500 on 11/9.

Since I got the 2nd statement CLIs, should I request another CLI after the 3rd/4th/5th statements (before the credit steps increases hit)?  Others experiences?  Please and thank you!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: CapOne CLIs

@Anonymous wrote:

For all the CO credit steps users out there - I have a QS1 (opened 8/12/15) and a Platinum (opened 9/8/15) both in credit steps.  I have gotten CLIs after the 2nd statement on both cards now (heavy usage and lots of payments a month).  QS1 SL $300 --> $800 on 10/21.  Platinum SL $500 -->$1500 on 11/9.

Since I got the 2nd statement CLIs, should I request another CLI after the 3rd/4th/5th statements (before the credit steps increases hit)?  Others experiences?  Please and thank you!

SInce you have accepted the increases already they are going to tell you, you have recently been given an increase.  Now you just have to wait until your credit steps kick in. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I wish I got CLIs after 2 months! I charged both mine up and paid them right back down as soon as the purchases cleared multiple times per month but I didnt get the increase on my first one until last month (the 5th month) still waiting on the increase for the 2nd card (next month).

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

After my 3rd statement, I requested a CLI and they moved mine from $1k to $3k.

My next bump will be from the Credit Steps CLI. I'm curious if they will only do the $500 as they promote or if the automatic CS increase could be more than the $500?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

On CapOne is the steps every 5mths or really just when they feel like it?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

On CapOne is the steps every 5mths or really just when they feel like it?

Its only ONE automatic increase after the 5th statement. After that then they will only give out one every 6 months *if* you ask for it and your credit profile is good enough.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.