Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne EO Goodwill timing?

tag
BLAIX
Contributor

CapOne EO Goodwill timing?

So back in 2013 I unknowingly let my CapOne card accumulate lates 120+, when I found out I immediately payed the small balance but damage was already done. Fastforward to current times when I am on the up and up on my credit, I sent a goodwill letter to CapOne via email on 11/17, received a phone call from a woman named Mya a few days after to let me know that she would be looking in to my case and would follow up with me but could make no promises. I hadn't heard back from her so I sent another letter via email on 12/8 only to receive a call from her again letting me know she was still looking in to it. Here we are, January 2016 and I've still heard nothing back regarding my goodwill letters. I don't want to bombard them (her) with emails and get her on my badside but I don't know what to expect. Do I keep waiting? Do I keep sending emails? These lates aren't affecting my credit score very much any more but I'm hoping to buy a house in late 2016 and would prefer to have a pristine record. 

Total Credit: $96,000. Total Utilization: 4%
[[Starting Score (10/2014): EQ: 674 | EX: 680 | TU: 745]] | [[Current Score (02/2020): EQ: 808 | EX: ??? | TU: 778]] | [[Goal Score: 800 Club]]
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CapOne EO Goodwill timing?

@BLAIX wrote:

So back in 2013 I unknowingly let my CapOne card accumulate lates 120+, when I found out I immediately payed the small balance but damage was already done. Fastforward to current times when I am on the up and up on my credit, I sent a goodwill letter to CapOne via email on 11/17, received a phone call from a woman named Mya a few days after to let me know that she would be looking in to my case and would follow up with me but could make no promises. I hadn't heard back from her so I sent another letter via email on 12/8 only to receive a call from her again letting me know she was still looking in to it. Here we are, January 2016 and I've still heard nothing back regarding my goodwill letters. I don't want to bombard them (her) with emails and get her on my badside but I don't know what to expect. Do I keep waiting? Do I keep sending emails? These lates aren't affecting my credit score very much any more but I'm hoping to buy a house in late 2016 and would prefer to have a pristine record. 

If you have already contacted the EO thru email and they are looking into it there isnt much more you can do except wait. If they deny the request then thats the time to send a new GW request. With Cap-1 the older the problem is the more of a chance you have with them.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.