cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne - GW - Need help

tag
mdpsulion

CapOne - GW - Need help

Here's my situation that I am trying to tackle now.  I have a CapOne card, since May of 2011.  I paid on time every month, at least the minimum, sometimes more.  Until this January and February, when I paid less than the minimum amounts.  I mistakenly thought, that if I at least made a payment, I wouldn't be marked late.  Obviously, I was incorrect.  I now have two straight 30 day lates, and have paid March and April on time.  I had several CapOne cards years ago, that were always paid on time, until I closed them.

I sent a GA letter last night to the Executive Offices, per these forums, explaining the circumstances and  received a phone call today.  I spoke to a very nice young man who said there was nothing they could do, as they were required to report the lates, per the FCRA.  I explained that I mistakenly thought some payment was better than no payment.  he said there was nothing they could do.

What is my best next step?  To I call back tomorrow (and everyday after that), to speak to someone else and hope to have better luck?  Any advice anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CapOne - GW - Need help

Keep on calling, mailing, e-mailing, faxing, and smoke-signaling your GW requests. CapOne is tough.

Message 2 of 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: CapOne - GW - Need help

@llecs wrote:

Keep on calling, mailing, e-mailing, faxing, and smoke-signaling your GW requests. CapOne is tough.

+1

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.