Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne / Nelson & Kennard Judgement fun

tag
RussianPassion
Regular Contributor

CapOne / Nelson & Kennard Judgement fun

So after being out of the country for 4 years, I came back to a default judgement against me from Cap1 and N&K... After I dug into it, I figured out that they did served me at a random address that had nothing to do with me. I called them and wanted to settle the original debt and have the judgement vacated. They told me I had to pay all the fees and interest which would be over 400% of the original debt. I told them to pound sand and hired an attorney for a flat fee = to that of the money I was willing to pay to Cap 1 to help me get the judgement vacated. They did their job yet the judge judged against met and did not vacate it. So my lawyer cooked up a suit against Cap 1...

Long story short, 14 months later Cap 1 agreed to settle case, vacate the original judgement and pay all my attorney fees.

So I got what I wanted for free. It cost me time. It cost Cap 1 over 10k to do all this nonsense. Mind you that my original debt with them was a mere $1,200.

Fun fun...

Here is my question. I have that judgement as a public record on my CR. Once I get the proof that the judgement was vacated, do I just dispute it and let the Buraus take care of it? Or do I need to do anythign else?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: CapOne / Nelson & Kennard Judgement fun

Did the COURT, as part of their finding in your subsequent civil action, include vacatur of their prior judgment as part of their decision?

Message 2 of 3
RussianPassion
Regular Contributor

Re: CapOne / Nelson & Kennard Judgement fun

The civil suit never got that far. Cap1 offerered to settle it before trial. The settlement letter stated that they would pay the attorney fees and vacate the original judgement.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.