Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne Secured Card CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CapOne Secured Card CLI

I have a CapOne secured card that was opened in April 2016. Had to pay $99 and was given a limit of $200. 

In February 2017, I logged in to pay my bill and noticed that I received a CLI of $300, so new limit is $500. 

What is your opinion of logging in and hitting the button for another CLI? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CapOne Secured Card CLI

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a CapOne secured card that was opened in April 2016. Had to pay $99 and was given a limit of $200. 

In February 2017, I logged in to pay my bill and noticed that I received a CLI of $300, so new limit is $500. 

And that my friend is your first and last CLI on the card.  I had the same exact experience and since 2014 it has not budged.  If you hit the button I don't thnk you will get an increase. I've gotten all the cards you see in my siggy since getting the Cap One secured plus more but no CLI on the Cap One secured.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

And that my friend is your first and last CLI on the card.  I had the same exact experience and since 2014 it has not budged.  If you hit the button I don't thnk you will get an increase. I've gotten all the cards you see in my siggy since getting the Cap One secured plus more but no CLI on the Cap One secured.

+1.

The secured card I had served its purpose and I moved on.  You can hit the CLI button all you want, but that won't change anything.  If your profile supports it, you might look at trying to get one of their unsecured products.  Check to see if any offers are available for you. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Like others, I don't think it would produce anything, but at least should be a SP
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

At least it went up- but like the rest have said, that is probably the limit until you are one of a lucky selected few that graduate their secured card at Cap One, or go for a product change.  Either way- congrats on the CLI and getting there!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.