Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne is GONE!!

tag
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

CapOne is GONE!!

After (4) GW letters...its finally gone!! YAY!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: CapOne is GONE!!

Lol your thread title scared me for a second there. Smiley Tongue grats

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OmarGB9 wrote:
Lol your thread title scared me for a second there. Smiley Tongue grats

Me, too Omar. lol Congrats, OP!

Message 3 of 7
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

What were you able to have removed, what are the details?  What reason did you give to ask for the goodwill?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

what did you get deleted? Also, when was this timeline set to be removed from the CRA?

Message 5 of 7
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

My CapOne was a CO but they continued every month to report, which of course tanked my score. I PIF and they still continued to report me as "late" and refused to remove the account. I could not get anywhere with them. I contacted EO...she was not much help...not sure she even knew what I was talking with her about (seem dumbfounded) so, I then decided to contact BBB and CFPB...and then the results started happening. The balance finally starting showing zero and weeks later the "late" reporting stopped, but the account remained as an eye sore on my reports. I wrote GW letters to EO...well, the same EO that continued telling me NO on the phone was intercepting my GW letters....grrrr and leaving me VM that she had "repeatedly told me NO on the removal of acct"....whatever....on the 4th try, I sent the letter to the CEO of CapOne in McLean, VA.........and 2 weeks later it was REMOVED!! I should have went straight to the top to begin with! Anyhow, problem solved and resolved Smiley Happy Good luck to all of you! Oh, and it had about 2 years til it would have dropped off Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can i have the information for the person you sent your last letter to and maybe a template? My account was closed by them alleging some legal action which terrified me hired an attorney to look into it since there was nothing in CR and there is no record of a legal action anywhere. Lost unnecessary money hiring an attonery which caused me after 14 years of good payment history and standing to be late. Tried calling the EO informing them no record was found each time they say they will get back to me and never do. Asked for a good will to remove the late reporting and was told "we don't do that." Any assistance you can offer would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.