Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capio Partners DVL ( Invalid Amount)

tag
Jerel82TX
New Contributor

Capio Partners DVL ( Invalid Amount)

Hi Guys- 

Several weeks ago, I sent a certified debt validation letter ( DVL) to Capio Partners for two seperate medical accounts displaying on my credit report for $60.77 and $173.01. Shortly after, I received a response stating that the referenced items would be removed while they conduct an investigation.  Sadly, after a few weeks, both accounts were placed back onto my credit reports. Capio Partners then sent several documents provided by the OC (a lab ) of various test conducted in 2012.  However, the amounts are all wrong and don't match the services Capio Partner are claiming.  In fact, the records/services sent were actually already paid and covered, hence I'm not sure if the orignal creditor accidently gave the wrong records/amounts when it was sold. What should be my next course of action? 

Side Note: Frankly, I wouldn't mind simply doing and PFD to avoid the headache, however, Capio doesn't delete. 

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capio Partners DVL ( Invalid Amount)

I would contact and try to work this out with the OC before doing anything else with the CA.

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.