Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capio Partners - Need a little help here

tag
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Capio Partners - Need a little help here

A month ago, my 16 year old son got a letter from Capio Partners. Apparently there was a $250 balance due from a hospital visit almost 4 years ago. Apparently my coinsurance that I had at the time was never billed at all. I had no idea. No letters, phone calls, or anything from the hospital or any collection agency.

I called Capio and told them that they could FOAD, since they can't hold a 16 year old responsible for the bill..

Well, today, I see my TU drops 77 points. New collection from Capio Partners, $250 for Florida Hospital. Best part is, the date that is showing on my CR is 12/2016 (Isnt there a tmieframe that they have to notify you within?)  

Called OC, they will not accept payment, as they have sold the debt to Capio (who, on the phone, denies that they are a JDB).  Called Capio back, and they WILL do a PFD. However, they will not put anything in writing, but will allow me to record the conversation between them and I with them agreeing to a PFD and taking payment that the same time..

Thoughts?  The debt IS mine - there is no question... Although I would have really appreciated a letter, or something... They MIGHT have sent a letter to my son prior to the one I saw - I am not sure (they claim that they did).. But, they NEVER sent me anything.. odd, since they have apparently had the account for 6 mo..

Ideas? Input?  THanks in advance

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Capio Partners - Need a little help here

A debt colllector is under no legal requriment to notify the consumer prior to reporting to a CRA.

If the debt is yours and they are offering a PFD, I would jump on it.

An oral agreement is properly part of a binding oral contract.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is FOAD?

@fltireguy wrote:

A month ago, my 16 year old son got a letter from Capio Partners. Apparently there was a $250 balance due from a hospital visit almost 4 years ago. Apparently my coinsurance that I had at the time was never billed at all. I had no idea. No letters, phone calls, or anything from the hospital or any collection agency.

I called Capio and told them that they could FOAD, since they can't hold a 16 year old responsible for the bill..

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the middle of my rebuild, I also got a letter from them. I acted fast before it hit my credit. The hospital said I couldn't pay them as it was sold. So next was the CA.

I took a leap of faith and demanded extensive validation which they wouldn't be able to do legally because they can't have all of your medical records. They folded fast. Once I was sure they closed it I then immediately called the hospital back and told them how I just wanted to pay it and be done with it that in fact Capio said it was closed. They were stunned and confused (the hospital) lol. They took my money, and settled for less than a CA would.

In my experience, asking for extensive validation from them was successful. I will admit my letter was fairly strong worded. I was so afraid all my work would be undone. 

Message 4 of 6
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

My mother recently got a letter from them regarding a collection that she had a payment arrangement on...that she was actually paying until she got really sick and everything took a back seat.  Anywho she tried to set up the same arrangement with Capio, the girl assigned ot her accoutn hung up on her!  Anywho, I told her that we need to do our best to get it removed so she can deal directly with the hosptial. However if they are offering PFD...thats a great deal, I've seen other post on her about Capio the seem decent...as fars as CAs go...

Message 5 of 6
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Em71- FOAD=F**k off and die... lol

So, they agreed to do a PFD, and I recorded the conversation with their permission..paid them their money. Collection was gone as of this morning!
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.