Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capio showing up 3 times on my credit history

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capio showing up 3 times on my credit history

I am in the process of rebuilding my credit. I had a bankruptcy 9 years ago and a devastating divorce. Many things happened and I have been unable to get ANY type of credit whatsoever. About 7 months ago, I was reading about easy ways to start rebuilding my credit. Once suggestion was getting a Fingerhut card. I thought...what the heck. I applied and it worked! From there, I was able to add Capital One secured and a couple of other cards such as Amazon store card and a Kohl’s charge card. I have not been late at all on any of my payments. However, my score right now is 554. It went down a several points over the last few day because a company called Capio put 3 strikes on it. I am not sure what the items are, but it really made me angry. I do not know much yet about the credit-rebuilding saga, but I am reaching out to all of you in hopes that you can tell me how to get this taken care of.

Any ideas on how I can get these what it means and how I can get them removed?

Thank you so much in advance for any assistance.

SlippedHalo

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capio showing up 3 times on my credit history

Pull your free credit report (if you can) and they should list the original creditor. If this option is not viable, dispute the item and request a debt validation. 

You can also try calling them although they will likely be mean (most CA's are not the nicest).

Message 2 of 5
jsantiago102
Valued Member

Hello SlippedHalo,
My husband had 3 accts. with Capio showing on his reports as well. They were all for medical bills. He had insurance though, and turns out office did not submit on time. He dispued and they were all deleted almost immediately.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you DagsKY for the reply. I have already pulled my yearly credit report so I can't do it again (without paying). I would like to dispute them but, like I said in my original post, I really don't know how to go about doing that. I hate to sound inept, but since I have just started on this journey of cleaning up my act (credit) - any direction would be sincerely appreciated.

Thank you,

SlippedHalo

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you jsantiago102 for the advice. You bring up a good point. They may all be medical related. As a matter of fact, the only negatives that I have on my reports are all medical issues - that and not having any credit history for the last 10 years (because I couldn't get credit to save my life if I wanted to).

Do I need to contact each reporting service to dispute them? And, if so, which way is more effective - in writing or a phone call?

Thank you for your sage advice.

SlippedHalo

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.