Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital 1 CLI - How Many?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital 1 CLI - How Many?

Good Morning!

I am about 2.5 weeks in after my 2nd statement cut and finally was able to get a CLI on my Cap 1 Platinum and QS1. They offered and I accepted.

How many more times can I (or have you) request a CLI before steps kick in? After that I know its 6 months. Should I try again 30 days from now?

Thank you!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital 1 CLI - How Many?

It's my understanding, and I'm in the same boat, that there are no other CLIs until the Steps increase, and then no more for six months after that. 

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Message 2 of 5
AutoBot
Established Contributor

I was able to get a $1000 CLI after 62-63 days on each of my CAP1 cards that I was approved for in January and that's it so far. I tried for a CLI each month after that and it was a no-go so I assume next CLI will be after 6th statement where I will be exiting the credit steps program.

Message 3 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Seems like after the initial one from steps, the 6 month rule is usually how it plays out.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I've had no luck getting them in under 6 months after credit steps. This with heavy usage, always PIF, and much improved credit since I first got the cards.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.