Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital Management Services

tag
floweryu
New Contributor

Capital Management Services

I lost my job back in 2011 and was not able to pay some of my cards and 3 went into collections:

1. Capital one (limit 1200) with Portfolio Recovery Services

2. Orchard (HSBC $300) with Portfolio Recovery Services

3. Citi ($6800 with Capital Management Services)

I could not get pay for delete with any of them, so I went ahead and paid almost the full amount with PRS and settled for around $3000 with Capital Management Services and paid it in 3 installments. The last one was June 1st and the credit reports have been updated yesterday. The card still doesn't report 0 balance, but reports balance minus 3 payments. I received the letter from CMS stating that I paid the settlement. I really need to have zero balance showing because I want to start rebuilding my credit. Right now, my FICO scores are around 550 and I am hoping to raise them to around 650 at least within the next 1 year.

What should I do? Order all the reports and dispute? Contact CMS?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital Management Services

@floweryu wrote:

I lost my job back in 2011 and was not able to pay some of my cards and 3 went into collections:

1. Capital one (limit 1200) with Portfolio Recovery Services

2. Orchard (HSBC $300) with Portfolio Recovery Services

3. Citi ($6800 with Capital Management Services)

I could not get pay for delete with any of them, so I went ahead and paid almost the full amount with PRS and settled for around $3000 with Capital Management Services and paid it in 3 installments. The last one was June 1st and the credit reports have been updated yesterday. The card still doesn't report 0 balance, but reports balance minus 3 payments. I received the letter from CMS stating that I paid the settlement. I really need to have zero balance showing because I want to start rebuilding my credit. Right now, my FICO scores are around 550 and I am hoping to raise them to around 650 at least within the next 1 year.

What should I do? Order all the reports and dispute? Contact CMS?

They typically update first to the remaining balance and then update to 0 balance, they have to report 0 balance even if they settle for less. Allow 60 days for it to complete

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.