Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One 30-Day

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One 30-Day

Hi!!

As I continue to go through my credit reports I find new things.

Today I found a Cap One 30-day late that is listed on 1/2013. I only had one 30day late which was for 6/2011. The account has been closed since 7/2011. Are these two lates hurting my score? Should I dispute the last one because of the account being closed at the time? Is it possible for them to remove this account all together or would it hurt my score if it is already listed as "Current;Paid or Pays as agreed".

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One 30-Day

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi!!

As I continue to go through my credit reports I find new things.

Today I found a Cap One 30-day late that is listed on 1/2013. I only had one 30day late which was for 6/2011. The account has been closed since 7/2011. Are these two lates hurting my score? Should I dispute the last one because of the account being closed at the time? Is it possible for them to remove this account all together or would it hurt my score if it is already listed as "Current;Paid or Pays as agreed".

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!

30 day lates tend to stop hurting after 2 years, you could dispute that late in 2013 and if you do you would send Cap-1 a direct dispute and not do it thru the CRAs.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Direct-dispute/td-p/2309095

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I forgot to add that this type of card (best buy card) was sold to citibank. So, citibank issues all these cards now.Should I still dispute directly with Cap One?

Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I forgot to add that this type of card (best buy card) was sold to citibank. So, citibank issues all these cards now.Should I still dispute directly with Cap One?

Whoever is reporting it on your CR is who you send the direct dispute to.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks A Bunch!!

Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The fact that an account was closed is not per se relevant to the issue of delinquency in payment.

Creditors close accounts to minimize their potential damage.  Closing discontniues ability of the consumer to increase the debt by condinued charges.

That is separate from whether the debt is delinquent and its level of delinquency.

It is possible, for example, for a credtior to continue to report incnreasing levels of delinquency even after they have taken the addtional step o chargeing off the debt.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.