cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One - 30 day late removal SUCCESS!

tag
flippy1234
Established Member

Capital One - 30 day late removal SUCCESS!

Hi everyone, this is my first post on here, but I have read through many many many posts trying to get help on removing my 1 30 day late payment from January. I just recieved a call from the executive office and they said they were able to get approval to remove it. I've been working on this since January. These are the basic steps I took.

- As soon as I realized I was late I called and explained that I thought I was setup on autopayment and didn't realize I missed the payment. The rep refunded me all my fees but said they couldn't do anything about the credit report. 

- I had several online chats and other phone calls before finally getting someone to say via chat they were submitting it to be removed, which only ended up in a dispute and a letter in the mail saying they were reporting correctly. 

- I emailed the "ceo" citing previous phone calls and said the chat rep had promised me it would be removed, and mentioned I'm in the middle of building a house and this late payment dropped my score enough to possibly stop me from getting a loan. Then got a call from the executive office last week, I missed the call and left a voicemail. Got a call back today saying it would be gone and I would have a letter in the mail I could show my loan officer if needed, I didn't even have to plead my case. 

I'm honestly shocked, after everything I've read I thought it was a lost cause. 

Good luck to everyone!

-Ali

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One - 30 day late removal SUCCESS!

That is awesome! I'm glad it worked out for you. I am waiting on a call back from EO right now. I hope I get the same results as you!

Message 2 of 14
w121jld
Contributor

Can you pm that information?
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

me too please?  have a single 30 that if deleted would shoot my score up.

Message 4 of 14
flippy1234
Established Member

You can easily find the "ceo" email address by googling it.

I just sent a nice email saying I was very dissapointed that no one so far had been able to help me and I wasn't sure who else to talk to. I mentioned calling and how everyone I talked to made it sound like they would help, when in fact they just put a dispute on my credit report, and I attached my latest chat log which included this at the end of it. 

I also mentioned being in the middle of building a house, and mentioned how between my husband and I we have several capital one credit cards and an auto loan.

You 07:13 PM

So does this mean the lates will be removed? I was confused about the word dispute?

3/20/2016 Capital One Chat

Ray 07:14 PM

I am sorry, submitting this request, we can not guarantee that any action will take place but we make this request on your

behalf.

You 07:15 PM

So are you requesting they remove the lates? I'm still confused, sorry.

Ray 07:17 PM

Yes, we correct.

You 07:17 PM

Ok, thank you.

Message 5 of 14
Poppa
Established Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations flippy1234. That is awesome and  very encouraging. I"m in the same boat. Trying to get qualified for a home loan and they just hit me with a 30 day late for May so i called them today and i was turned down. I will definitely try emailing the CEO but wondering how to get that info. If you can PM me, that would be great. Also, if you don't mind letting me know how old is your Capital One account. I might be in slight disadvantage as mine is new ~ opened in 2014.

Thanks in advance and great job getting that 30 day late.

Message 7 of 14
flippy1234
Established Member

My account was also current and the late was new when I tried getting it removed. I found the email easily by googling. Good luck getting yours removed also.
Message 8 of 14
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Very nice! Congrats!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP: how long did it take for you to get a response? I'm waiting with crossed fingers but have had no response yet. Did they call you, email you?
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.