Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One 30 days late dispute

tag
jbimler
Established Member

Capital One 30 days late dispute

So between May and June it was reported that I was 30 days late each month on my cap one card. The problem is I had called to set up an auto payment with my new bank and for whatever reason it was never implemented. There was lots of confusion because I didn't see the mistake unil about 30 days later and then I had some problems working out the payment with capital one and my bank. I called today to see if they would forgive and report it to the credit bureaus and was basically told they only report was is accurate even after explaining the whole situation. My question is will this dispute have any postive results or is this set in stone because it's technically acurate?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One 30 days late dispute

@jbimler wrote:

So between May and June it was reported that I was 30 days late each month on my cap one card. The problem is I had called to set up an auto payment with my new bank and for whatever reason it was never implemented. There was lots of confusion because I didn't see the mistake unil about 30 days later and then I had some problems working out the payment with capital one and my bank. I called today to see if they would forgive and report it to the credit bureaus and was basically told they only report was is accurate even after explaining the whole situation. My question is will this dispute have any postive results or is this set in stone because it's technically acurate?

A dispute isnt going to get you anywhere you need to write a GW letter and send it to the office of the CEO to try and get those commuted.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Message 2 of 8
jbimler
Established Member

Would anyone be willing to PM me the email address for the CEO? I'm having trouble finding it for some reason.

My plan is to physical send a letter and email one tonight after I get it typed up.
Message 3 of 8
Vee25
Established Member

Sent an email.

Starting Score: 410
Current Score: 619 EQ, 648 TU, 611 EX
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I also please get an email for the CEO or EO of Capital One? Thank you so much.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try this link out (Let me Google that for you):

http://bfy.tw/DSQY

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have submitted 2 letters to the letter of the CEO to get some good wills removed and they said that they're reporting accurately and declined my request both times. Which is depressing because, I have mutiple lates from when I was in a car accident.

Message 7 of 8
jbimler
Established Member

I just wanted to give a quick update on my status. It took me about a month of calls but I was able to get two seperate 30 days removed. 

Someone on this forum was kind enough to give me an email, and physical address to mail my GW letter explaining my sitation. I got a letter back about ten days later with a number to their executive offices and extention for my case worker. My case worker told me straight up that removals without merit are a thing of the past but I might have a case if I could get Wells Fargo to admit fault in the proccess. I was able to get Wells to mail me a letter and then I faxed that to my case worker. About tens days after that I got the call confirming both lates would be removed! Best feeling in the world!!!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.