Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Auto Finance (30-day lates) Dispute Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Auto Finance (30-day lates) Dispute Question

Hello,

What is the best course of action for removing 30-day lates with Capital One Auto Finance? I've had an auto loan with them for three years and unfortunately I have two 30-day payments that are from May 2014 and April 2013. I've submitted disputes via the CRAs and faxed a letter (for May 2014) to their department that handles the credit reporting. I still feel as though I'm not doing enough. Is there any other step that I could take?  Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One Auto Finance (30-day lates) Dispute Question

What exactly are you disputing?  The lates are accurate correct?

GW letters are your best course of action.  You said you've sent a letter so there is not much else you can do but continue to send letters... I've never been on a GW campaign but I hear that one letter per month is commonly recommended.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@TRC_WA wrote:

What exactly are you disputing?  The lates are accurate correct?

GW letters are your best course of action.  You said you've sent a letter so there is not much else you can do but continue to send letters... I've never been on a GW campaign but I hear that one letter per month is commonly recommended.

Yup, GW letters are the way to go here. You would only want to dispute inaccurate information in a TL.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

One late is accurate, but they have researching the other which was made in error by as CSR. It's taken quite some time as that CSR doesn't work with Capital One anymore and they are having trouble finding the recordings from the intereraction. The other late is compeletey my fault, as I had just been layed off from my job at the time and I didn't notify Capital One. So it looks as though my only option there will be a GW letter once a month. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.