Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Auto

tag
randaljon
Regular Contributor

Capital One Auto

In August I paid off my Capital One Auto loan. I then bought a new car using Capital One again. I also have 2 Capital One credit cards.

On my first auto loan they list a 30 day late payment in November of 2008. I requested a full payment history and studied it. I was 19 days late that month. But they list that month as 30 days late. I have tried to dispute this with no luck. A rep on the phone said I actually had 3 or 4 late payments in the history of my loan. I do admit I was 19 days that one time, 14 days another time and 5 days late. All these instances were 11/08 or earlier. Since that time to August of 2011, my payments were perfect.

Should I keep fighting this or let it go? The 30 day late is the only baddie in regards to Capital One. It just sucks that entire loan is listed negatively on my credit reports.

Does anyone have any email address of someone at Capital One Auto that can help me with this?

RJ

Starting Scores(Jan/2011): EQ 564 TU 538 EXP 576
Current Score: EQ 692 TU 728 EXP 710 (Quizzle FAKO)Goal Score: 720

Wallet: Grow Visa 500, Capital One MC 2000, Capital One MC 1250, Paypal MC 3000, Jared 10500, Kay 2000, Walmart 2050, TJX Rewards 1200
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Capital One Auto

Well the good news here is that it is only 30 days late, and it was only a single late. The FICO score ding diminishes faster and the penalty isn't as severe.

If you're not getting anywhere with Cap1 over the phone then you could try sending a few letters. Remind them about all the business that you have with them, and how great their customer service is....yada yada yada.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the Email addy to the CEO of Cap1, I'm not sure if that would help you or not.

If you would like it, I will PM it to you.

Message 3 of 4
ScoreBooster
Frequent Contributor

If you REALLY want to fight these 30 day lates, you can go to an attorney and have him/her write them a nice letter letter, reminding them of the FCRA. Reporting a late payment of less than 30 days as 30 days late is not an accurate credit-reporting and therefore, violates the FCRA.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.