misslisa

Capital One CC finally posted on my credit report and 3 point increase

Ok I am new to the board but have been reading and taking steps to improve on my credit for almost 2 months now.  I started off with a low credit score of 533 and now im at 578 in one month.  Ive paid off a couple of collections and had them delete.  My question is why was it only a 3 point increase?  I will say that it shows N/A in the balance and N/A in the limit.  Not sure why.....but could that be why its only 3 points.  When I got the premier cc I received a 22 point increase so I was expecting the same thing.  Can someone please help me figure this out....THANK YOU in Advance

Starting Score: 547
Current Score: 547
Goal Score: 670

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Shogun

Re: Capital One CC finally posted on my credit report and 3 point increase

It's a new account and that's why it says N/A.  There's no data to put there yet.  Also you got hit with an Inq. and your AAoA took a hit from the new account, so an increase in this situation, albeit small, is a good thing.  You got your first bump for adding a revolving line and getting your mix of credit.   Now if you garden these accounts, they will steadily grow and make your CR stronger.

Starting Score: 504

July 2013 score: EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!
misslisa

Re: Capital One CC finally posted on my credit report and 3 point increase

Thanks for replying! Im working on it and I hoping to get past a 620 in the next 2-3 months. 

Starting Score: 547
Current Score: 547
Goal Score: 670

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}