Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI!!!!!!

tag
bluescale
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One CLI!!!!!!

I tried requesting a CLI through the online chat, and received the standard denial.  I'm pretty sure I read a number of success stories of people getting a CLI right before their credit step limit increase kicked in, which would be at the 6 month mark.  Alas, maybe it's just not meant to be.  I guess it's not a huge deal, as I'm at $2000 already.  It just limits the usefulness of this card when I'm travelling.  It's work fine to autopay my bills.

Message 111 of 185
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

email the fake CEO email address.  You can find it by googling "Capital One CEO email address"  his first name is Richard.  Email that with your request.  This goes to the Executive Office.  Make sure you give them your act number and phone number.  They will usually call you back in 3-5 days.  You will need to give them income amounts and the other usual information so have that ready.  Always ask for more than you want.  If they chose to give you more they will give you a counter offer.

good luck!

Starting Score:
11/11/12 BEGIN REBUILD myFICO 584

11/11/13 ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! myFICO 705
Message 112 of 185
bluescale
Regular Contributor

That's the email address I used in my request.  I didn't include my account number because I didn't feel putting that into an email being sent blind.  Besides, DLP might stop an email with a full credit card string in it from going out.

I might try again on Tuesday if I haven't heard back by then.

Message 113 of 185
bluescale
Regular Contributor

Great news!  I got a call back from someone on the executive team a few minutes ago.  Fingers crossed!

Message 114 of 185
haytertots

Can someone PM me with the contact info to the executive office, as well?  My husband has had two capital one cards for 5 years, one with $500 limit & the other with $1000.  He has a perfect payment history, & we would love to get these limits increased.  Thanks!

Message 115 of 185
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

@haytertots wrote:

Can someone PM me with the contact info to the executive office, as well?  My husband has had two capital one cards for 5 years, one with $500 limit & the other with $1000.  He has a perfect payment history, & we would love to get these limits increased.  Thanks!

Sent, Good luck

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 116 of 185
bluescale
Regular Contributor

I just checked my account a few minutes ago.  I requested a $3k increase to $5k.  I was granted a $1.5k increase to $3.5k.  I can live with that.  Smiley Happy

Message 117 of 185
haytertots

Got it, thanks!
Message 118 of 185
tlbrown23

I sent an email to the EO on Saturday and gto a call back today from a VERY nice lady. She got my financial info and said she would review it. I also have a OB card and she said that they would have to forward my info to another person and they would pull a HARD inquiry in order to review my CLI for OB. I told them I don't want a hard inquiry so I withdraw my request from Orchard Bank (besides I know that getting OB to do a CLI is like pulling teeth). So she said that I can call back when they get those accounts completely transferred over and submit my request then (which I will do). I currently have a $750 credit limit and I requested $2000 or partial (i hope that saying I would accept a partial doesnt come back to bite me).  Wish me luck!

Started Credit Journey June 2012 with EQ score of 562 (not fico)
Current Fico Scores 6/25/13: EX 617, EQ 596, TU 653
Current Goal: Middle score of 640
Message 119 of 185
bluescale
Regular Contributor

@tlbrown23 wrote:

I sent an email to the EO on Saturday and gto a call back today from a VERY nice lady. She got my financial info and said she would review it. I also have a OB card and she said that they would have to forward my info to another person and they would pull a HARD inquiry in order to review my CLI for OB. I told them I don't want a hard inquiry so I withdraw my request from Orchard Bank (besides I know that getting OB to do a CLI is like pulling teeth). So she said that I can call back when they get those accounts completely transferred over and submit my request then (which I will do). I currently have a $750 credit limit and I requested $2000 or partial (i hope that saying I would accept a partial doesnt come back to bite me).  Wish me luck!

The only gave me a partial, but even so, it was a 75% bump to my CL.  Anything helps.

Good luck!

Message 120 of 185
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.