Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI!!!!!!

tag
paramed3
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One CLI!!!!!!

I applied and was shot down on CLI 3 days ago. US AIR this month gave me 7000 total a 2200 increase and JC Penny double mine to 1620 but capital one document said your credit is good but you do not use the cl we have for you enjough. I told Customer service its because I do not want to go over 200 or 10& Utilization. Does anyone have the number that use to be here I can call for an override ? PM IT to me if you do and thank you and thanks for all the help I get here.

Starting FICO Score 2007: >> >> 533 -- God those were some Dark Days !!
Current >>>> 9-29-15 - (Experian 800 FICO-8 - (Equifax 798) - ( Transunion 808 )FICO Goals: 820-830 For all 3 or above
Ultimate Fico 850 x 3 Even if for a week Just to say I crawled out of the sewer and trust me it was the pits. I could not borrow a cent
Message 161 of 185
paramed3
Regular Contributor

WOw I called to appeal my CLI and the girl said let me talk to my manager and see if there is anything we can do. Her manager upgraded my card to the Capital one Quicksilver that I was told back in may you have to have EXCELLENT credit and 5 years perfect payment history to get. I told her you mean the mastercard under it rewards and she said NO its our top of the line Visa with no annual and 12.9 APR with rewards on all purchases. I did not get a CLI but I got a card I have been waiting to get a year or so. I thought I had to be closer to 800 range and she said I do not even need to go a hard pull it qualify based on your excellent payment history. 7-10 days to get heree and I would love to see it come and they bumped my line up to 4000 at the least. I have 2000 now. US AIR gave me a 2200 this month increase to 7000 and JC PENNY doubled to 1650 and I did not even ask for either one. I am going to enjoy this card. Now to get it to 5k would be awesome.

Everyone I talked to at the credit card companies I tell about MYFICO. She said she made mistakes in college that cost her and I told her you can recover and she said after coming to work at Capital One she found out you can and has started. I told her to come here and just read.

Current >>>> 9-29-15 - (Experian 800 FICO-8 - (Equifax 798) - ( Transunion 808 )FICO Goals: 820-830 For all 3 or above
Ultimate Fico 850 x 3 Even if for a week Just to say I crawled out of the sewer and trust me it was the pits. I could not borrow a cent
Message 162 of 185
Catasi

Sometimes it may just be best to wait to see if they'll just give you a CLI without you asking.

I was pleasantly surprised two days ago when I logged onto my Capital One mobile app to make a payment.  I was issued a $1500 CLI without asking for it...crazy, I know!  I logged out and logged back in about 4 times before it sunk in that yes, they actually did issue an increase.

While I'm so excited, I'm also little nervous.  Yippee for having breathing room if something were to come up, but I'm semi terrified that I'll tap into it unnecessarily.  

I'm trying to not reach for it, and am tempted to keep the credit card at home - I'm loving that the extra CL has decreased my utilization.  

Good luck to all and congrats to those who have gotten the CLI they've requested!

Starting Score: EQ: 517 EX: 530 as of 1/4/2013
Current Score: EX 622 EQ FICO 637
Goal Score: 700 (650 by 12/30/2014)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 163 of 185
northface28
Established Contributor

Back story on me, I got the Green Cash Rewards Card one month after being discharged from a BK7. This was 6/11 & I was approved for $2,000. About a year later I contacted the EO and got bumped up to $2,500. 3 months later, I called to request a PC to a Quiksilver, rejected. However, they did counter with the VentureCard and a CLI to $3,000. I accepted.

Fast forward about 6 months to today, I hit the request a credit increase button, much to my surprise, I got an increase of $2,000, bringing my total to $5,000.

My question now is can I request a Visa Signature Card now?
BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 164 of 185
AutumnH
New Contributor

I hit the luv button for my CLI on two separate cards with them and I was approved for an increase with one card but not my quicksilver card. Weird...one letter said based on my good credit score they increased me to 1500. On the other one it said based on my poor credit score they couldn't increase my limit. Lol.
Chapter 7 Discharged June 2015

Trying to rebuild
Message 165 of 185
myjourney
Super Contributor

@northface28 wrote:
Back story on me, I got the Green Cash Rewards Card one month after being discharged from a BK7. This was 6/11 & I was approved for $2,000. About a year later I contacted the EO and got bumped up to $2,500. 3 months later, I called to request a PC to a Quiksilver, rejected. However, they did counter with the VentureCard and a CLI to $3,000. I accepted.

Fast forward about 6 months to today, I hit the request a credit increase button, much to my surprise, I got an increase of $2,000, bringing my total to $5,000.

My question now is can I request a Visa Signature Card now?

Welcome to the forum 

Yes you can try for the Visa Sig 

Good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 166 of 185
gr2013
Established Member

I wanted to call EO, but I made 2 late payments so I think I'll be waiting. All these success stories is great, but does anyone have late payments? I have 2 one was for 1 day late and the other was for 5 days late. I'm at $500 like most for a Sony rewards, but I can't get too many rewards at that amount.

Thanks
Message 167 of 185
northface28
Established Contributor

How would I go about requesting a Visa Signature?
BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 168 of 185
Candyla
New Visitor

I had a journey card for 5 months. Had an auto CLI of 3k without asking. Have another Cap one platinum CC. Started with 300 increased to 500 after 6 months then they gave me a CLI of 500 to a total of 1k after 1 year I just asked through the online link. This is prob the max it will go. Since I'm rebuilding my credit I'm just going to let this collect dust and use my journey card that provides cash back and has a limit of 3,500. My credit score is 640. It was much worse before because I was young and didn't understand how important it is to pay on time and not buy useless things I don't need. All of my bad debt and collections will disappear by the end of this year after 7 years of bad credit. Happy to be rebuilding everything and grateful cap one gave me an opportunity to rebuild my credit. Good luck to everyone.
Message 169 of 185
paramed3
Regular Contributor

When you say 1 day late or 5 days late you mean 1 day past 30 days over ? Or 1 day past your due date ?

Also I contacted Capital One with help of email here and a lady in back office called me. She wants a ton of info to bump ne from 3500 to 10k.

Last question. Is a freeze or lock best and does either hurt your credit score or FICO ?
Message 170 of 185
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.