Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLIs

tag
jennordy
New Contributor

Capital One CLIs

I am trying to rebuild and decrease my utilization to get my scores up.  I pay my full balances on both my Cap1 cards every month and then use them for bills, expenses, etc.  One of my cards was credit steps and I got the automatic increase after 5 cycles and the other they have given me one CLI randomly (went from $300 to $550 after having it for a few years).  It's been well over 6 months since I've gotten any CLIs on either card.  I did the "request increase" on their website and got $100 on one card ($550 to $650) and $250 on the other ($750 to $1000).  Yay.

FICO® 8 Scores: 10/16: TU 592 -- EQ 579 -- EX 573; 11/16: TU 626 -- EQ 614 -- EX 605; 12/16: TU 606 -- EQ 589 -- EX 594
FICO® Mortgage Scores: 10/16: TU 588 -- EQ 567 -- EX 566
10/16: Negatives: 10 charge-offs; 7 collections (one "closed"); 1 Ch. 7 BK (filed 12/2008)
Positives: 2 Cap1s; Nordstrom; 4 Comenity store cards; Amazon store card, Care Credit, 76 gas card, and F21 Visa; 2 student loans
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One CLIs

Every little bit helps and that's great that they've given you a little more trust!  Keep working on getting everything else cleaned up and you'll see those grow more (honestly, it's more likely that the newer one will grow better than the older one because sometimes the older cards can get a little stagnant). 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One CLIs

Congratulations on the CLIs, jennordy! Sometimes gardening seems slow, but it sounds like you're making headway. I would imagine once the baddies start falling off your reports, things will get a lot better fast!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.