cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CO in Collections

tag
ruxinreigns

Capital One CO in Collections

Hello all!  Frequent reader, first time poster.

I had a Cap One card, DOFD is June 2007, it was charged off in 2010 and sold to Pinnacle Credit Services.  Original credit limit was $500 and it was charged off at $967.  Pinnacle is increasing the amount owed every month and according to my credit report its an open collection account with $2600 deliquent balance.  The collection and the charge off are both supposed to fall off this year according to my credit reports, but I was wondering if there are any routes I can take to have these removed early or advice on the situation.  Any and all help is much appreciated!  I messed up my credit when I was 19 and now Im 26 with a family trying to get on the right track.  I started my journey in November with a 530 FICO and Im up to 580 now.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One CO in Collections

You can call the CRAs and ask to have them deleted early. You can also make PFD settlement offers but it they are going to drop this year I wouldnt bother and just let them run their course. If you want to settle for a percentage you can when they are off your report, before making any overtures to the CA or OC make sure they are past your states SOL.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.