Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CO sold to Portfolio

tag
orange-n-blue
Valued Member

Capital One CO sold to Portfolio

I hope some of you can give me advice.  Capital One account was charged off and the account was purchased on 06/14/2012 by Portfolio Recovery Associates.  We paid $677.91 in full as requested by Portfolio on 12/28/2013.  Portfolio has never reported this to the any of the credit reporting agencies.  The only account being reported on Equifax only is the charge off from Capital One see below....

We gw Capital One requesting that the account be removed from the CRA and they said no.  But the representative suggested that we contact Portfolio and ask them to remove the account.  I disagree with the representatives advice because it's Capital One reporting, but maybe I'm wrong.  Thoughts????

Does anyone see any mistakes with what is being reported?  I think I found an error that I'm going to dispute with Equifax.  Potential Error: Below the report is showing "Date of Last Payment" as 01/2009 and No 81-Month Payment History Available, but on an older credit report from Sept 2013 it shows Jan, Feb, and Mar 2009 as being paid on time under the 81-month payment history.  The first 30-day late is shown under April 2009.  Thoughts???  Thanks in advance for your commens!!

Account Number

XXXX

Current Status

Charge Off

Account Owner

Individual Acct

High Credit

Type of Account

Revolving

Credit Limit

$500

Term Duration

Term Frequency

Monthly(due every month)

Date Opened

06/08/2006

Balance

$0

Date Reported

03/02/2014

Amount Past Due

Date of Last Payment

01/2009

Actual Payment Amount

Scheduled Payment Amount

Date of Last Activity

N/A

Date Major Delinquency First   Reported

10/2009

Months Reviewed

Creditor Classification

Activity Description

Transfer/Sold

Charge off Amount

Deferred Payment Start Date

Balloon Payment Amount

Balloon Payment Start Date

Date Closed

Type of Loan

Credit Card

Date of First Delinquency

03/2009

Comments:

Paid Charge off

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Capital One CO sold to Portfolio

The debt collector has no authority to delete reporting made by the OC.

As for errors in your credit report, it is always wise to get them corrected.

However, any dispute of accuracy goes only to the information asserted to be inaccurate.

They can always correct.  if they cannot veifity or correct, deletion would only be required as to that information, not other reporting.

Message 2 of 4
orange-n-blue
Valued Member

Thanks RobertEG!!  I'll work a dispute letter. 

Message 3 of 4
orange-n-blue
Valued Member

oops.  I'll work on a dispute letter.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.