Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Charge Off (Paid) Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Charge Off (Paid) Question

I finished paying off a Cap One charge off in May of 2014. They keep reporting every month though. Does that make it look new or what? Is there anything I can do here?

Date Opened:08/09/2008  Balance:$0  
Date Reported:08/03/2014 Amount Past Due: 
Date of Last Payment:05/2014 Actual Payment Amount: 
Scheduled Payment Amount: Date of Last Activity:N/A
Date Major Delinquency First Reported:03/2013 Months Reviewed:72 
Creditor Classification: Activity Designator:Paid and Closed 
Charge Off Amount:$2,032  Deferred Payment Start Date: 
Balloon Payment Amount: Balloon Payment Date: 
Date Closed: Type of Loan:Credit Card 
Date of First Delinquency:09/2012 
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Charge Off (Paid) Question

The Experian Report on MyFico shows the account as being 90+ days late in both May and June of 2014 even though the last payment was made in May and no payment required for June.

Message 2 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Reporting it monthly keeps your Fico depressed it never ages in Ficos eyes. When its paid thats it, the final reporting would be entered and monthly reporting ceases. I would file CFPB complaints on both items you have asked about here.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick reply! How do I go about doing this? Would that correct the error or have it removed from my report?

Message 4 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply! How do I go about doing this? Would that correct the error or have it removed from my report?

Google Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, goto their site and select file a complaint then fill in all the info asked for, they will ask you for the remedy you want you would put down you want it to reflect an accurate payment history and to stop updating monthly since its been paid, do not put deletion of the account Cap-1 will reject that and they wont make them do it either since it still can be reported by law. I would provide them any documents you have in print or writing form to back up your story. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome thank you so much! Do I need to do it separate for all bureaus or is once good?

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gdale do I need to dispute this with the CRA's first or go directly to CFPB?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.