Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Charge Off

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One Charge Off

@llecs wrote:

I'd send a GW asking them to either remove the account if your average age of accounts is older than 6 years, or I'd send a GW letter asking them to remove any lates and the settlement comment.

Per FICO scoring, your credit is no worse than if she had paid in full. It'll still report as a paid charge-off. FICO looks at charge-off accounts and settled accounts as equally not good.

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i would send gw letter. i emailed them last week and got a response the same day saying they would delete from all 3 credit reports. i checked this morning and its already gone. so its worth a shot

Congrats!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 14
GoGuard

This is from 2011 so may be obsolete but if anyone has an email address that has had success, I would be most appreciative someone could PM it.  A friends' job is at stake if we can't get a couple issues settled within the next week or too and I'd like to work  on the GWs right after. Unfortunately, will be dealing with the CA on this Cap One but would like to try for deletes of the original entries. Any help appreciated!

Message 13 of 14
Madman94044
Regular Contributor

@FairCredBen wrote:

I sent a GW letter to the CEO of Capital one, and i got a call not 1 hour later from him....

though he told me that it is against company policy to remove the lines, even though they were paid in full .... 

He was a nice guy and i was surprised to speak with him directly so soon! but....

but even that being said, that makes me VERY sad :'( 

Really?  The CEO called you?

Staring Score:EQ 649 TU 647 EX 644
Current Score: EQ 786 TU 699 EX 746
Goal Score: 800
Wallet: SF Fire CU $5000 CL Chase Freedom 4000 CL, Chase MP $5000, WellsFargo $6000 CL, Amex Gold NPSL, Cap1 CashRewards $2500 CL, Amex BCP $12000 Discover More $1200 CSP 18000
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.