Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Charge Off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Charge Off

I just started trying to rebuild my credit after some mishaps. I currently have a charge off from Capital One for $491.00.  I called yesterday to see if they would do a Pay For Deletion if I paid in full and they said no.  I have the money to pay this debt and want to make good on my debts, but I also want to get the best outcome. Also, we are trying to purchase a home in NOV 2016.  

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Charge Off

When was it CO? Has a collection Agency contacted you yet, which most likely will occur soon. Then you will have to battle both. Or, does Cap1 still own the debt?
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One still owns the debt and is dilligently reporting each month.

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you can afford to pay them then pay them. Once it's paid you can begin your GW campaign with them. Don't let it go to a CA.
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I guess they dont need my money right now! You would think that they would keep there collection department open on the weekends! I'm calling them tomorrow to pay. 

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Then start working on GW letters to them.
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm assuming a GW letter means good will? I wouldnt even know where to start with writing something like that.

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do a forum search on Goodwill letters...You will learn alot!!
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, this is what I've got.

Thank you for taking the time to read this letter.  I’m writing because during the mortgage prequalification process I was informed that I have a delinquent account with Capital One. I apologize for not taking care of this sooner, but I honestly did not know.  Credit responsibility is a matter that I will be taking serious from this point forward, and I regret not being more proactive before. I want you to know that I understand my financial obligations.  I made a mistake in falling behind, but since then I have joined the Army, and I am making every effort to be a more positive role model for my son. Since July 2012, when I decided to make less than smart decisions, I have done everything possible to make all payments on all my accounts on time. I’m planning to apply for a mortgage in November 2016 when myself and my family transfer within the Army to Georgia. I honestly believe that my past indiscretions don’t reflect my creditworthiness and commitment to repaying my debts. It would help me immensely if you could give me a second chance and make a goodwill adjustment to remove this account from my credit report so I will be able to purchase a home for my family.

Thank you for your consideration, and I hope you’ll approve my request.

Best,

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would suggest taking out "honestly I did not know". I think everything else sound honest and genuine.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.