Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Charge Off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Charge Off

Hello,

I CONTACTED CAPITAL ONE REGARDING A OLD CHARGE OFF FROM 1 YEAR AGO AND ASK THEM FOR a GW adjustment. On my credit report it says 43 lates. EO Capital One said they sent a letter to each creit bureau to remove all the lates from my credit report. Hope i see a big differance in my report soon.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Charge Off

Congrats!  Nicely done!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

with the abundance of lates removed but the CO still there should i see a differance >

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

I CONTACTED CAPITAL ONE REGARDING A OLD CHARGE OFF FROM 1 YEAR AGO AND ASK THEM FOR a GW adjustment. On my credit report it says 43 lates. EO Capital One said they sent a letter to each creit bureau to remove all the lates from my credit report. Hope i see a big differance in my report soon.

@Anonymous @ "*OLD* charge off from 1 year ago....Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

and

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

and

LOL. No offense intended - I just found it a bit funny. I tend to think of "old" items as 4-7 years old.... Maybe because i'm a bit long in the tooth myself, 1 year seems a very short length of time.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if lates removed from a charged off account will improve your scores. You should attemp a GW to remove the charge off.

Message 7 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The CO is a major derog, and its presence still leaves you in a less favorable scoring category, or "bucket", and I would suspect that removal of the prior delinquencies will not have significant effect.

By definition, a CO has multiple prior delinquencies, whether reported or not.  I would assume that reporting of a CO is considered by Fair Isaac to include the obvious fact of multiple prior delinquencies, and is cumulative.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.