Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Collection Help.

tag
haleyjen
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One Collection Help.

If you pay with the original creditor and file a dispute, they have to remove it.

BOA Cash Rewards - $500 Capital One Quicksilver: $750 Merrick Double Your Line Visa.- $1000 Mission Lane: $400 Grain: $875 J Crew: $1100
Message 11 of 13
laylandad
Valued Member

I can tell you from my experience with Capital One and Portfolio Recovery....if Capital One has already sold it, they will not recall the debt. I missed one of my charged off accounts with Capital One by days and the CSR could not access the account. I will tell you this, I called and paid PRA before they ever sent me a dunning letter and they have not reported any collection activities to any of the CRA. Also, Capital One voluntarily deleted the CO'd TL's.
Message 12 of 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Paying the OC does not create any inaccuracy in the reporting of the collection, and thus there is no basis for a dispute.

CRA policy is that debt collectors should NOT delete their collection based on payment of the debt.

Thus, in addition to there being no inaccuracy upon which to base a dispute, requesting the CRA to delete based on payment of the debt is asking them to act contrary to their clearly stated policy.

The OC must terminate any assigned collection authority prior to receiving payment in order for any CRA deletion policy to be present.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.