Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Credit Card - GW letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Credit Card - GW letter

I have tried talking with someone Ive sent 2 rounds of letters. I always get the same response "we are required by FRCA to report accuate data" Have others had success with this should I try the EO or more calls? Just FYI i have one 30 day late for a card thats 11 months old.

Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Credit Card - GW letter

@Anonymous wrote:

I have tried talking with someone Ive sent 2 rounds of letters. I always get the same response "we are required by FRCA to report accuate data" Have others had success with this should I try the EO or more calls? Just FYI i have one 30 day late for a card thats 11 months old.

Thanks for your help.

WHile I haven't had any luck yet, I've had actualy human responses from the emails vice the typed letter. Maybe try that route. I have 2, 30 days lates from Nov and Dec 2015 that i'm trying to get changed, at the least. 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been including wording to the effect of the FCRA requires any information reported to be accurate, but the choice to report at all is solely the discretion of the creditor.

Hopefully tug on the heartstrings a bit that they are complicit in hurting your credit, to at least some degree.  It's not all the big evil "them" that wrote the law.

Haven't had it work yet, but the last response did adress it as their "policy" to report all info, not the standard FCRA line.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems as if no one has had success with capital one.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent a email to the EO office yesterday and received a phone call back last night. The young lady on the phone was extremely nice and said she'll see what she can do. I should hear somehting back in 5-7 business days according to her. I have one 30 day late from 2015. I'll keep you posted.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please do thank you and im sending all the best vibes for success.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck. I had this happen last week however a few days ago they called and said everything was accurate and there wasn't anything they could do. 

So I emailed them again. Smiley Happy Eventually someone has to take pity on me. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.