Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Credit Card Rehab

tag
JennaD075
Contributor

Capital One Credit Card Rehab

Does anyone know if they offer a plan like this? I had a Capital One card, was going to file bankruptcy, decided not to and now I need to start paying this.  I was just going to make them payments but someone mentioned a rehab program.  I know they had one in the early 2000's but I haven't heard of one recently. I have read that they are difficult to to do PFD on also.  Does anyone have some experience with this for Capital One?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One Credit Card Rehab

@JennaD075 wrote:

Does anyone know if they offer a plan like this? I had a Capital One card, was going to file bankruptcy, decided not to and now I need to start paying this.  I was just going to make them payments but someone mentioned a rehab program.  I know they had one in the early 2000's but I haven't heard of one recently. I have read that they are difficult to to do PFD on also.  Does anyone have some experience with this for Capital One?

Currently there is no such program at Capital 1. They do not do PFD and are adamant about that, The older the debt is the better amount you may be able to settle it for and if its reporting every month as a CO its keeping your score depressed so it would be to your advantage to work something out with them to stop that reporting. In any case once the account is a CO it always is a CO and it remains on file for up to 7.5 yrs from the DoFD of the account. Good luck resolving it Smiley Happy

Once is been taken care of you can start GW letters asking for it to be removed this is more likely to be successful if the account is in its 6th yr of CO status.

Message 2 of 3
JennaD075
Contributor

Re: Capital One Credit Card Rehab

@gdale6 wrote:

@JennaD075 wrote:

Currently there is no such program at Capital 1. They do not do PFD and are adamant about that, The older the debt is the better amount you may be able to settle it for and if its reporting every month as a CO its keeping your score depressed so it would be to your advantage to work something out with them to stop that reporting. In any case once the account is a CO it always is a CO and it remains on file for up to 7.5 yrs from the DoFD of the account. Good luck resolving it Smiley Happy

Once is been taken care of you can start GW letters asking for it to be removed this is more likely to be successful if the account is in its 6th yr of CO status.

Thank you for your response! It is still new & won't fall off until 2019.  I will just continue to pay what I can each month until/if they push the issue and want more. Maybe in 2017 I will start trying a GW.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.