Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Credit Limit Increase

tag
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Credit Limit Increase

When I got my QS1 as I said, I applied and got it. Exactly 90 days after statement cut, I went online and asked for a line increase and got it.

Starting CL - $500 after first increase = $1500

I just got my credit steps line increase (every six months) - $500 = $2,000

I just logged-on a few minutes ago and it wasn't there when I last checked my account yesterday.

Hit them up every three/six months would be my advice. 

Message 21 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you know your Capital One secured was in the steps program? I didn't know they considered the secured for the steps program as well. Thanks 

Message 22 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened my first credit card as secured credit with bank of american $400. About 4 months later i got pre-aprrove from capital1 as platinum with credit limit of $500.

Got email about credit step program listing if i pay my bill on time it will rise my credit limit to $750.

Six months later it give me a credit limit of $3500 instead of $750. Another 6 months after that i did a request and it bumped my credit limit t0 $6500.

Message 23 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

This site is great I got a cap one secured about 9 months ago with a starting limit of 200. Got a platinum and qs1 a month ago just got my first statement with due date on both for December 21st. Paid them both in full. Did a CLI on both the qs1 they gave me 3000 from 500 and the platinum they gave me 2000 from 500. I ran 5500 through qs1 and 3500 on platinum. It's hard to do. Pretty much max it out and when charges post I'll pay it all off plus the extra 10% I can. After that I will need to call in and have the release the credit limit by them calling bank to verify funds been cleared. Now currently I have 3 cap one CC and an auto loan too. After that I went and applied for the Barclay cash forward card and was approved for 1000. Tried calling in to get an increase. They told me to use the card for few months to see how I do. After that call back for an increase.

Also got a chase freedom with a 2500 limit. Still weird though because I checked my score with the cap one credit tracker and I'm only at 594. Think it's time to garden a bit before applying for more cards.

Message 24 of 33
TiminCO
Valued Member

Iv'e learned that the credit tracker score is not very useful.

Message 25 of 33
RonM21
Valued Contributor

For me the credit tracker is about 10-12 points too high compared to true Fico.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 26 of 33
AutoBot
Established Contributor

My credit tracker is about 20 points lower than my lowest FICO.

Message 27 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my cards on 4/4/16. I've made a total of 34 payments across the two cards. The first 6-7 payments took 48-72 hours to post. Then these two cards took payment like my secured card does. I can use web or mobile and pay same day before 8EST. The payment posts that night. The next morning my card has payment posted. Money comes out of my account in about 2-3 days, never sooner sometimes longer. 

Message 28 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've seen the credit score tracker off by 50-60 points from my FICO 08's and also dead on... it's all over the place which to me means it's not a very consistent tool and not much faith should be put in it.

Message 29 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

While in Credit Steps, after 3 months some get CLI when requested.

With good behavior, paying on time and at least minimum payment, your Ctedit Steps Increase will happen after statement 5.

It is every 6 months with Cap1 for any changes - CLI, PC and combining cards.

Well.... not really. A CLI time limit is independant of a PC upgrade, and vice versa. Account combination is seen as a CLI, so yeah on that.

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.