Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Credit Steps Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Credit Steps Questions

My 3rd statement for both my cards cut over the next 5 days. I am currently at day 71 since opening them. I know once my cards hit their 3rd statement I can request a CLI. I have run about $3500 through each card (QS and QS1). My first question is, does Cap One do a soft pull for this CLI? Or, is it based on your activity and payment patterns? Has anyone confirmed the methodology used in determining this?

My next question is I have 1 account that shows a $2450 balance against a 1700 limit that is also 6 years old. I paid this off 60 days ago, and should see it update in the next two weeks. Myfico has my UTI anything from 51% to 59% due to this car. My actual UTI is <9%. I know I will see a bump in points once this is reflected. My FICOs are 580-595. If I wait for this to clear, my scores should go above 600. This is why I asked the question above. If they do a soft pull, I can wait till this drops. If they don't do a pull, then I would just request once as each statement posts. I am hopeful to see a $1K increase on each card. I'd love more, but think I will get the typical $1K increase. Once each card gets their 6 month auto increase, I will consolidate.

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Credit Steps Questions

They do a SP anywhere from day 63 to day 75. Hubby got the 1000 CLI with low to mid 600s, I got 1000 with high 600s
Message 2 of 6
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Here is what I have seen with my credit steps.

January - Platinum & QS1 Approval

February - Upgrade Platinum to QS

March - $1K CLI on QS & QS1 (about 62 days)

April - No CLI

May - No CLI

June - Probably No CLI (still waiting for 5th statement to cut)

July - Hopefully combine QS & QS1 cards into single card

August - Maybe apply for Venture card

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
They do a SP anywhere from day 63 to day 75. Hubby got the 1000 CLI with low to mid 600s, I got 1000 with high 600s

I take it that this is an auto pull, not initiated by the request for a CLI?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it's an auto pull. If you ask and it's denied and the reason is 'Account is too new' then they haven't pulled a new one yet
Message 5 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

To answer one of your questions, it is almost always based on your activity and payments. Mostly because they want to see you use the card and show the ability to pay.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.