Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One, Deleting 30 Day- now waiting

tag
lostsoulz1216
Established Member

Capital One, Deleting 30 Day- now waiting

I called into Capital One about a CC that I had a 30 day late reported in Dec. Of course rep started with, it is not their responsibilty to update the CRA. They send a date and the CRA chooses how to mark it. Hmm, somebody should have told him I am a now apart of the myfico community!! After pushing back and asking for a supervisor, he comes back to the phone stating that they will submit a request to have it changed to paid on time.  Can take up to 60 days, but again it is up to the CRA to make the change.

I am still very new to this, so skeptical but maybe I just started the process to sucessfully GW my first derog.  A quick win will really give me a boost as I have a loooonnngggg road ahead. I just keep reading the stories on this board about those who "use" to be where I am and knowing where I can get to in the future.....

More to come, if I get the win (and if not, I will still share so others beware of the "yada, yada" to end the call routine.

Starting Score: 500
Current Score: 500
Goal Score: 640 by 2013

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One, Deleting 30 Day- now waiting

Wow, great job. Getting a 30day late deleted that is 2mos old, I would guess you will see a nice jump in your CS.Smiley Wink

Hopefully,  it all works out the way you what it to. Keep us informed.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 6
Guava
Established Contributor

Best of luck to ya!

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Message 3 of 6
jaypeedee
New Contributor

I had a 30 day late from Target.  I called and asked for it to be deleted but the CSR told me she couldnt even see the payment history beyond the last 12 months.  The late payment was from 3/2010.  I called again and asked for someone specific to help with this and spoke with a young lady who put my on hold a bit.  She came back and noted that I changed my address that month which might explain why I may have overlooked a payment, as perhaps I did not recieve my bill on time.  She said they would submit a letter to have it changed.  A few days ago I got a letter stating that their records were accurate and they could not change itSmiley Sad  No big deal.  Just thought it would help a bit. 

Cap1 have been A-holes when I have dealt with them best of luck with yours!

Starting Score: 604
Current Score: TU-632!-4/11/12
USAA CCMP:TU592 EQ574 EX592 UPDATED 3/19/12

Goal Score: 720

Message 4 of 6
lostsoulz1216
Established Member

Thanks for the insight! All I can do is hope for the best! Honestly, just taking control feels good, Anything on top of that is a plus!!!!

Starting Score: 500
Current Score: 500
Goal Score: 640 by 2013

Message 5 of 6
jaypeedee
New Contributor

It sure does! After that initial jump in a score, you already begin to see the light.  I paid down all my CCs and saw an immediate jump.  I had no excuse to carry large balances on my CCs, It won't happen needlessly again.

Starting Score: 604
Current Score: TU-632!-4/11/12
USAA CCMP:TU592 EQ574 EX592 UPDATED 3/19/12

Goal Score: 720

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.