Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Deletion Success!!!!!

tag
FIRECOURAGE
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One Deletion Success!!!!!

Mist3rhan, my subject line was "Capital One Charge-off. I used the format of the OP's letter and did a lot of tweaking to fit my situation.

4/01/2019 | Dismissed Chapter 7 BK

2/12/2024 | Equifax: 677 | Experian: 699 | TransUnion: 725
Goal Score: 750 - Across The Board
Message 71 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay! Congrats to everyone who's had success. For those who were told no, don't give up.

I sent the email twice before they agreed to delete. It wasn't due off my CR until July 2020.

Message 72 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

New to the myfico forums and have a few questions about your sucess!

Where did you find their email addresses? Is there like a spesific department to look for online or something?

I'm just starting have a few charge offs/collections I need to get working on. One is a BOA card and one is an old SYNC/GAP card. They were my first cards before college and I was careless. Im guessing that your Capital One was a charge off? On your reports does it still show a balance or that it was or did a collection agency buy the bad debt? My BOA shows i still owe them directly(i think), but it looks like my Gap card deby has been bought by a collection agency.

Also, did you ever pay the debt? To cap 1 directly or a collection agency.

Is that all you really had to say to them to get them to remove it? Anything will help. Thanks

Message 73 of 96
Aceley83

Could I possibly get a PM with that email address please? Smiley Happy

Message 74 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

They called me back and told me no. I'm so sad now Smiley Sad

Message 75 of 96
smitty1
New Contributor

I got a call from Cap1 today- they deleted 3 charged off accounts that have been showing since 2010.  Thanks again for the email address- my letter actually worked!

Message 76 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

can you PM email for capital one  please ?

Message 77 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me as well. Please!!!!
Message 78 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smitty1,

Would you mind telling us what you wrote in your email. I am getting ready to write them on a charge off and not sure what to say... Any help is appreciated. Thank you
Message 79 of 96
smitty1
New Contributor

I used the letter the OP showed on page 1.  I tweaked it to fit my case, added my account numbers, and emailed it.  Got a call in a few days, they said they would look into it. A week or so later, today, got another call saying they were contacting the CR's and having the trade lines removed, and will send me a confirmation letter.

Message 80 of 96
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.