cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Disputing On My Behalf Legitmate?

tag
Established Member

Capital One Disputing On My Behalf Legitmate?

After speaking to a kind and understanding CSR named Charles from Capital One in regards to 3 cards I have with them; I was told that my late fees on cards with 60 day delinquincies on them  will be removed. ( All Three ) Additionally, he had sent letters of dispute on my behalf to the credit bureaus asking to have the 60 day negatives removed.

I was told that the removals from the credit bureaus aren't garaunteed, but because it is Capital One sending them out, then the probability of having those removed within 90 days is extremely high.

What do you guys think? Has anyone been through this situation, or have more knowledge about it?

Additionally, these lates that are being disputed, which occured within the last 6 months, were the only lates I had on my account within the last 2 years.

EQ: 685 TU: TBD
EX: TBD
Goal:

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Capital One Disputing On My Behalf Legitmate?

Disputing on your behalf is the same as you disputing with the CRAs.  A comment, consumer disputes this account will more than likely be added.

I really can't say one way or the other if it will work.

If Cap 1 was going to remove the lates, they would have processed a UDF telling the CRAs to remove the lates.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.