Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One EO removed my charge off!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One EO removed my charge off!!

I had a Capital One charge off from 2009 showing on Experian and Equifax. I've been calling both bureaus trying to get them to remove it early and they won't budge. Experian said it will be removed on August 6th and Equifax said it will be removed in October and they can't do it early. So I emailed the CEO of capital one and asked him to remove it. I explained why the account was charged off, what I've been doing since March 2015 to repair my credit reports, the progress I've made so far and my financial goals that I want to meet by the end of this year. I haven't heard anything from them via email or phone but I checked my reports this morning and it's gone from Equifax, still showing on Experian. I'm so excited!!! My EQ score went from 612 to 654!! I still have 2 HSBC charge offs on EQ due to fall off in August and September and only the capital one charge off on Experian so that report will soon be clean as soon as Experian updates the account. What an awesome way to wake up!!!
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One EO removed my charge off!!

@Anonymous wrote:
I had a Capital One charge off from 2009 showing on Experian and Equifax. I've been calling both bureaus trying to get them to remove it early and they won't budge. Experian said it will be removed on August 6th and Equifax said it will be removed in October and they can't do it early. So I emailed the CEO of capital one and asked him to remove it. I explained why the account was charged off, what I've been doing since March 2015 to repair my credit reports, the progress I've made so far and my financial goals that I want to meet by the end of this year. I haven't heard anything from them via email or phone but I checked my reports this morning and it's gone from Equifax, still showing on Experian. I'm so excited!!! My EQ score went from 612 to 654!! I still have 2 HSBC charge offs on EQ due to fall off in August and September and only the capital one charge off on Experian so that report will soon be clean as soon as Experian updates the account. What an awesome way to wake up!!!

Awesome news! Hard work paying off. Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

great news! i did the same, i sent email to ceo and they called tuesday from eo and she said she would call back in three days. I have not heard from them Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is awesome, congrats! How long ago did you send the email ?
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
That is awesome, congrats! How long ago did you send the email ?

I sent the email Wednesday night.  I didnt expect to hear anything or see any changes until after the July 4th holiday.  I wasnt even sure if they would do it but I was really hoping that my 15 month perfect payment history with Capital One since my credit started repair would work in my favor and I guess it did!  I cant wait to see what Experian jumps to when it comes off since its my last baddie on that report!!!

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, thats quick! I'm happy to hear it worked.. good job!
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

great news! i did the same, i sent email to ceo and they called tuesday from eo and she said she would call back in three days. I have not heard from them Smiley Wink

How long ago was it when you emailed them?  Give it some more time and dont get discouraged.  Ive been told it can take up to a week and maybe longer this time because of the holiday.  I hope they can do something for you though Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last Saturday. Lady did call last Tuesday and said she will call back in 3 days. Fingers crossed
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Last Saturday. Lady did call last Tuesday and said she will call back in 3 days. Fingers crossed

Hopefully you hear something Tuesday.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 15
RCOH
Regular Contributor

CONGRATULATIONS!! Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score 12/15 (FICO 8) EQ: 488 :-(
7/16 (FICO 8) EX:611 - TU: 579 - EQ 599 --- Goal 660+
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.