Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One EO success

tag
earlyKY
Regular Contributor

Capital One EO success

On Friday I sent a message through capital one's facebook page. Detailing the lates I accrued in June, July, and August of last year (all were due to my son being extremely ill). Yesterday I got a a call from a lady in the EO. She was very nice... asked me how my son was doing, said that she understood that sometimes circumstances happen that cause people to fall behind. She said that she could see that I hadn't been late before or since that incident and "kudos" to me for that. She is sending a request to have my account reviewed and she is recommending that they remove the late payments.

Has anyone had success with this? Or was she just telling me what I wanted to hear?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One EO success

@earlyKY wrote:

On Friday I sent a message through capital one's facebook page. Detailing the lates I accrued in June, July, and August of last year (all were due to my son being extremely ill). Yesterday I got a a call from a lady in the EO. She was very nice... asked me how my son was doing, said that she understood that sometimes circumstances happen that cause people to fall behind. She said that she could see that I hadn't been late before or since that incident and "kudos" to me for that. She is sending a request to have my account reviewed and she is recommending that they remove the late payments.

Has anyone had success with this? Or was she just telling me what I wanted to hear?

i think that was something similar to what they told me but never mentioned any "recommendation for removal". She just plain told me they were going to review my account and get back to me with a decision which eventually was a deletion. Btw is the lady u spoke with Kathleen/Kathy if u recall?

Message 2 of 9
denver133
Frequent Contributor

I've been dealing with Cap1 for 2 years now.  

I had 5 cards with them get charged off. I know, I know.  3 of those were HSBC accounts that they purchased and at that same time, I defaulted on them. The other two were Cap1 cards both with at least 2 years of good payment history. Obviously on all 5 cards, everything went to hell at the same time.  

I have written letter after letter to the corp office.  I get the same thing with a different person.  All very nice.  They review the accounts to present to the executives.  Each time, I get denied and that they will not remove the accounts.  Last week I tried something completly different.  100% new letter to the CEO and I received a call the next day.  

I explained that due to job loss, I couldn't pay any of my obligations and it shows on my credit reports.  After speaking with a person at the EO, she asked to see my report and highlight that it was all my accounts that fell behind at that time.  Hopefully they will see I paid up until then.  Since everything discharged, I have paid all those accounts to zero and have asked them to remove them.  Ill let you know if it works.  It hasnt in the past.  

My Cards: CSP: $5,000 // Hyatt: $5,000 // Cap1 Venture: $5,000 // US Bank Plat: $3,500 // Discover: $1,000 // AMEX BCE: $1,000 // Lowes: $5,500 // Furniture Row: $3,500 // Buckle Store Card: $750

Current MyFico Scores: EX 687 EQ 696 TU 687 Gardening from 5/15 till 5/16

Message 3 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

They will attempt to get it done for you it is not just lip service., Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 9
earlyKY
Regular Contributor

@pip3man wrote:

@earlyKY wrote:

i think that was something similar to what they told me but never mentioned any "recommendation for removal". She just plain told me they were going to review my account and get back to me with a decision which eventually was a deletion. Btw is the lady u spoke with Kathleen/Kathy if u recall?

I believe the lady I talked to was Joy. This is the first time someone has actually called me back, so that in it's self is a victory... A victory that would be much sweeter if they are actually able to remove these 3 late payments. I was pleasantly surprised how nice and understanding she was.

Now if I could just get First Premier to follow suit- not likely since they are big meanies Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 9
mlcole07
Established Member

First Premier are big meanies!!! I feel ya on that!! I got a VERY snotty letter in reply to my GW I sent them! 

Starting Score: 542
Current Score: 577
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 9
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

I wish I had this success GW GE Money Bank. Gheesh

Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 7 of 9
earlyKY
Regular Contributor

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

I wish I had this success GW GE Money Bank. Gheesh

Well, the lates haven't been removed **YET**. So I'm not getting too excited until they are gone!

Message 8 of 9
pip3man
Valued Contributor

sending good will your way and hoping they eventually delete the 3 lates, mine was 2 lates that were removed. And just so u know if they approve the request, it will be updated on your next reporting cycle if it happened after ur normal monthly reporting date to the CB. It wouldn't be done right away as it was in my case. Keep us updated and good luck with everything.... BTW never say never and thats in reference to FP Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.