Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Executive Office

tag
scorepower
Regular Contributor

Capital One Executive Office

I sent an e-mail to the EO and received a call last week. They took down all the information on why i was late, etc. The account was charged off but i paid the collection agency in 2014. They called back today and told me that they can't remove the trade line and that it is reporting correctly. Anyway, just venting. Since that time, i have new cards with Capital One with limts of 7K and 5K and my wife has 3 cards with them as well with 3K each. I still love capital one but was hoping to get some of the baddies off my report remove. Just venting.   

1/16/16 Credit Check Total FICO 08 Scores: TU 633, EX 651, EQ 629
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tenillelg
Valued Member

Re: Capital One Executive Office

That sucks.... My situation sounds like yours.  I have an account that has been paid since 2014 with them that I want off my reports.  I just mailed off my second letter to them last week, and have not heard anything as of yet.  The first time they responded to me, they only asked me to call their office about my "complaint".  But my working schedule has made that hard to do, and I have left a few messages without any return call.  Any how, Like you, I do have another acct with them now, and I am hoping for better results of my GW this time around.  Keep pushing, some people do get GW's from them!  I personally will keep writing until I do.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Capital One Executive Office

Perhaps they had already sold the debt to the debt collector prior to your payment.

In that event, they sold the debt for pennies on the dollar, and did not receive a penny of the payment you eventually made.

Payment while the OC sitll owns the debt may have better chance of persuading the creditor to remove their reporting that your debt has become uncollectible.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.