Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Executive Office

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Executive Office

Hello, everyone. I'm new to the forum but I always search and read them and decided I should join. So recently, I applied for a Capital One Venture One card. I got denied because "there is a currently pending or recently processed application with Capital One." This is true, I received a quicksilver one card maybe a week ago but I just wanted to try my luck. So I went ahead and wrote an email to the CEO, I received a call from the executive office and was told that its Capital One's policy to not issue another card so close to another, or something along those lines. He said that it would be best to wait for awhile and then apply again, and I should have no trouble being approved. I already have two cards, a platinum for about 2 years (my first credit card) and now the quicksilver one. I just wanted to know if anybody else had the same response or were able to bypass this policy and receive a manual review?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One Executive Office

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello, everyone. I'm new to the forum but I always search and read them and decided I should join. So recently, I applied for a Capital One Venture One card. I got denied because "there is a currently pending or recently processed application with Capital One." This is true, I received a quicksilver one card maybe a week ago but I just wanted to try my luck. So I went ahead and wrote an email to the CEO, I received a call from the executive office and was told that its Capital One's policy to not issue another card so close to another, or something along those lines. He said that it would be best to wait for awhile and then apply again, and I should have no trouble being approved. I already have two cards, a platinum for about 2 years (my first credit card) and now the quicksilver one. I just wanted to know if anybody else had the same response or were able to bypass this policy and receive a manual review?

Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Their new policy is 1 card every 6 months and if this is the response from the EO its final.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much! Smiley Happy and okay, great. I didn't know about the policy and wasn't sure if he was just tryna get over on me haha, I'm only 20 but thanks again for the info!!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this still true?

I see on many Cap1 products say "I have applied for a Capital One credit card 2 or more times in the last 30 days.".

Where does it says that one has to wait 6 months?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Is this still true?

I see on many Cap1 products say "I have applied for a Capital One credit card 2 or more times in the last 30 days.".

Where does it says that one has to wait 6 months?

Yep, still true

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

So if I apply for the Plat 45 days after applying for the QS1 I will get the "there is a currently pending or recently processed application with Capital One" message?

Even though it says "I have applied for a Capital One credit card 2 or more times in the last 30 days" in their terms for applying?

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So if I apply for the Plat 45 days after applying for the QS1 I will get the "there is a currently pending or recently processed application with Capital One" message?

Even though it says "I have applied for a Capital One credit card 2 or more times in the last 30 days" in their terms for applying?

you can only be approved for one card every 6 months.  so if you applied for and did not get the QS1, applying for the Plat should work.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.