Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Frustration

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Frustration

I was 120 days late last year and my account got "restricted".  When I called the CSR informed me I had to reapply so I was going to let it go.  All 3 bureaus report the account as open with the late present.  After 2 GW rejections I decided to reopen the account but yesterday was informed that account is over and done and I would get a completely different account if approved.  The account got locked last summer so I don't know why they are still reporting as being open.  If I ask for a correction I am afraid my score will suffer.  Kinda up against a wall cause this late is killing my score but getting nowhere with GWs.  Thoughts?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
honky
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One Frustration

I have the same situation with an account that was permanently suspended in 2007 and is still reporting towards utilization on my cr.  I am assuming the late payments will fall off in a couple years and will be happy to have the cl report towards my util as long as they leave it in place. 

I recently read a thread about using the online chat to have it deleted.  The rep told me they would check for any discrepencies and report accordingly to the bureaus.  I am HOPING they delete the lates, or even the suspended tradeline in its entirety but I am guessing nothing will change.

Starting Score: 580 2/03/12
Current Score: 810 EQ // 829 TU(Walmart)
Goal Score: Achieved!

Wallet: Citi Forward(13.5k), Ink plus(18k), CSP(13.5k), Freedom(6k), BoA123(13k), Alliant CU(5k), Walmart(2k), Kohls(1.4k), QuickSIlver(7.5k) Amex Simplycash Business(46.5k)
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.