Valued Member
missypiano

Capital One Frustration

I was 120 days late last year and my account got "restricted".  When I called the CSR informed me I had to reapply so I was going to let it go.  All 3 bureaus report the account as open with the late present.  After 2 GW rejections I decided to reopen the account but yesterday was informed that account is over and done and I would get a completely different account if approved.  The account got locked last summer so I don't know why they are still reporting as being open.  If I ask for a correction I am afraid my score will suffer.  Kinda up against a wall cause this late is killing my score but getting nowhere with GWs.  Thoughts?

Regular Contributor
honky

Re: Capital One Frustration

I have the same situation with an account that was permanently suspended in 2007 and is still reporting towards utilization on my cr.  I am assuming the late payments will fall off in a couple years and will be happy to have the cl report towards my util as long as they leave it in place. 

I recently read a thread about using the online chat to have it deleted.  The rep told me they would check for any discrepencies and report accordingly to the bureaus.  I am HOPING they delete the lates, or even the suspended tradeline in its entirety but I am guessing nothing will change.

Starting Score: 580 2/03/12
Current Score: 810 EQ // 829 TU(Walmart)
Goal Score: Achieved!

Wallet: Citi Forward(13.5k), Ink plus(18k), CSP(13.5k), Freedom(6k), BoA123(13k), Alliant CU(5k), Walmart(2k), Kohls(1.4k), QuickSIlver(7.5k) Amex Simplycash Business(46.5k)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}