Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One GW EO denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One GW EO denial

Sent an email over to the Capital One EO for a GW PFD regarding a six year old CO'd account (included in my BK). 

Got a call from the EO two days ago.  A courteous woman on the phone discussed the account with me for a few minutes and said she will be reaching within the next business day to let me know what she can do. Two days later, no response, decided to call the EO. They looked up my account and said that the case was closed; request denied.  Which is a trip because they'd rather keep reporting the negative account for one more year, than collect the debt I owed them.

The account is scheduled to fall off in about 13 months but I figured "hey, why not try", so I'm not too bummed out.  BUT while I had the EO on the phone, I decided to push for a CLI for my QS1 (which hasn't gotten a CLI for over a year).  They said they'll send it over for manual review after asking a ton of questions (what CL I would like, if I'm willing to accept a partial CL, income, etc).  I should know within the next 5 days if the CLI hits.  Fingers crossed. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One GW EO denial

@Anonymous wrote:

Sent an email over to the Capital One EO for a GW PFD regarding a six year old CO'd account (included in my BK). 

Got a call from the EO two days ago.  A courteous woman on the phone discussed the account with me for a few minutes and said she will be reaching within the next business day to let me know what she can do. Two days later, no response, decided to call the EO. They looked up my account and said that the case was closed; request denied.  Which is a trip because they'd rather keep reporting the negative account for one more year, than collect the debt I owed them.

The account is scheduled to fall off in about 13 months but I figured "hey, why not try", so I'm not too bummed out.  BUT while I had the EO on the phone, I decided to push for a CLI for my QS1 (which hasn't gotten a CLI for over a year).  They said they'll send it over for manual review after asking a ton of questions (what CL I would like, if I'm willing to accept a partial CL, income, etc).  I should know within the next 5 days if the CLI hits.  Fingers crossed. 

Why would you try to PFD an account that was included in your bankruptcy? By law that debt is erased (assuming CH7). My understanding is that anything marked as IIB on your file is excluded from scoring.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Why would you try to PFD an account that was included in your bankruptcy? By law that debt is erased (assuming CH7). My understanding is that anything marked as IIB on your file is excluded from scoring.

Son of a...

Well that's news to me.  The PFD for the BK'd CO'd account was based on suggestions from other members on this board. 

IIB accounts are excluded from scoring? That's news to me.  If that's really the case, then I might as well bail on GWing these last four accounts!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I could be wrong, but thats what I have read here several times.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.