Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One GW Letter, fingers crossed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One GW Letter, fingers crossed

I sent a goodwill letter to Capital One about a week ago, today a lady call me telling me she was going to try and help me and that I will know the answer in three days.  I'm crossing my fingers and hopefully they will take those late payments away from my credit report.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One GW Letter, fingers crossed

Which address did you mail to if I may ask? I tried a letter asking to remove a couple late payments from 4 years ago and was shut down via form letter. Good luck to you!
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingers crossed for both of you!  Woman Very Happy

Message 3 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Good luck on this! I thought I heard they can be tough sometimes, but you'll never know if you don't try.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 8
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Well if you don't succedd this time, you can always keep trying another few hundred times like me. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Which address did you mail to if I may ask? I tried a letter asking to remove a couple late payments from 4 years ago and was shut down via form letter. Good luck to you!

1680 Capital One Drive Mclean, Virginia 22102 and I address it to Richard D. Fairbank

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

While GW requests are sometimes successful on the first try, quite often they are not so just don't get discouraged if you get the call back and it's not favorable.  If you do get a denial, try to extend the conversation a bit and gather as much information as you can as to why you're being denied.  Sometimes you can use some subtle things they say as ammo or for ideas to fine tune your next GW letter to possibly produce a more favorable result. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the encouraging words. I will probably try again very soon.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.