Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One GW Result?

tag
peme6040
New Contributor

Capital One GW Result?

So I wrote to CO EO on 5/15/14 regarding 2 late payments-one reported Jan 2008 & the other Dec 2008. I also talked w/ CS person online regarding another acct that had a late payment from 2008 and kindly asked for GW.

I received 2 letters today. The first said "thanks for contacting us about your credit bureau report. We've verified that the information on your credit report matches the information in our records. There are no late payments reporting for the months of Jan 2008 through Dec 2008.......the second letter said the same except it stated there are no late payments showing on the above referenced acct. Does this mean my lates were really goodwilled?? ...if so this was my first 2 attempts at this and with CO. Someone let me know! Thx!

Starting Score: 645
Current Score: 713!
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One GW Result?

@peme6040 wrote:
So I wrote to CO EO on 5/15/14 regarding 2 late payments-one reported Jan 2008 & the other Dec 2008. I also talked w/ CS person online regarding another acct that had a late payment from 2008 and kindly asked for GW.

I received 2 letters today. The first said "thanks for contacting us about your credit bureau report. We've verified that the information on your credit report matches the information in our records. There are no late payments reporting for the months of Jan 2008 through Dec 2008.......the second letter said the same except it stated there are no late payments showing on the above referenced acct. Does this mean my lates were really goodwilled?? ...if so this was my first 2 attempts at this and with CO. Someone let me know! Thx!

I would check your reports to see if the account has updated with corrections if it does not I would then mail a dispute to the CRAs with a copy of that letter from Cap-1 disputing the lates that are being reported. Always possible there is a CRA error.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.