cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One GW Success? I think! Too good to be true? PINCH ME NOW!

tag
Creditobsessed12
Frequent Contributor

Capital One GW Success? I think! Too good to be true? PINCH ME NOW!

I went on the live chat regarding my 3 Capital One accounts and here's a record of the chat.  I have several lates on all three and askd for GW adjustment. Can someone please enlighten me?  I have never heard of this?  It sounds like it's a success but I have never read about this on here.  It sounds too good to be true.  Sorry that I posted the entire convo below but it's just too good to be true for me!  LOL 

Welcome to our Capital One secure chat service! This chat will be monitored and recorded.

Hi, this is Michael. Whom do I have the pleasure of chatting with today?

You
09:53 PM

Hi there Michael my name is Elizabeth ******** and I have been a loyal Capital One customer. I currently have 3 accounts with Capital One.

Michael
09:54 PM
Hello Elizabeth.

You

I had some isues in the past with late payments. I was wondering if there was anyway that you would consider making a good will adjustment on my file.

Michael
Okay.

You

As I am getting ready to purchase my first home and show a few lates.

You

My name is Elizabeth ********* Social is ********

You
09:55 PM

DOB is *********

Michael
09:56 PM
I will be right with you.

Michael
09:57 PM
Thank you for your Patience.

Michael
09:57 PM
I understand that you are concerned about that late fee. Let me review your account to see how I can assist you.

Michael
09:58 PM
Please verify the following information to access your account: name (exactly as it appears on your credit card), zip code, date of birth and last four digits of your Social Security Number.

You

You

Michael
09:59 PM
Could you please provide me with the last 4-digits of your account number?

You
10:00 PM

one of them is ****

You
10:01 PM

The other is **** and ****

Michael
10:01 PM
Thank you for verifying that information. Bear with me for just a moment while I review the account.

You
10:03 PM

ok

Michael
10:03 PM
Thank you.

Michael
10:06 PM

Michael
10:06 PM
Elizabeth, after reviewing your accounts, I see that all your accounts have a late fees in different months.

You
10:07 PM

I am referring to the information on my credit reports

You

I have several lates unfortunately.

Michael
If you wish, we will go ahead and file the Credit bureau disputes on all your accounts.
Please note that by submitting this request, we can not guarantee that any action will take place but we can make this request on your behalf.

Michael
A letter regarding the credit bureau investigation will be sent by Capital One; allow 10 additional days for mail time.

Michael
Allow 60 to 90 days to have this information updated with the credit reporting agencies.

Michael
10:08 PM
Would that be helpful to you?

You

what information will the letter provide?

You

I don't understand

You
10:09 PM

the lates will legitimate I'm just trying to see if you would make a good will adjustment due to my circumstances. I had a baby born premature that has been in and out the hospital with many complications.

You

And I have not been able to keep with my accounts. But now thank God things are smoother.

You

And I have in the process of fixing my credit back.

Michael
We will send you a request to the Credit bureau's on behalf of you to remove them from your records.

You
10:10 PM

Ok

You

that will work

Michael
Thank you.

You

are you able to send me a copy as well?

Michael
10:11 PM
I am sorry, we cannot send the request to you.
It is is automated request which goes to the Credit bureaus.

Michael
A letter regarding the credit bureau investigation will be sent by Capital One; allow 10 additional days for mail time. 

Michael
There is nothing to worry.

Michael
10:12 PM
And which bureau is the one that you disagree with?

Michael
10:12 PM
Please verify the Credit bureaus name?

You
10:13 PM

Experian

You

Equifax and Transunion

You

So you will ask that they remove the lates?

Michael
Yes, that is correct.

You
10:14 PM

Ok that would be wonderful.

Michael
10:14 PM
One moment please.

Michael
10:17 PM

Michael
10:18 PM
I have submitted your request with the above reasons for late payments to the credit bureaus for correction.

Michael
Please note that by submitting this request, we can not guarantee that any action will take place but we can make this request on your behalf.

Michael

Michael
Allow 60 to 90 days to have this information updated with the credit reporting agencies.
11/30/14 EQ 545 TU 573 EX 602 01/15 EQ 545 TU 586 EX 589
02/15 EQ 643 TU 627 EX 669 03/05/2015 EQ 708 TU 744 EX 707
05/2017 EQ 659 TU 676 EX 683
Goal: 700s across the board Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One GW Success? I think! Too good to be true? PINCH ME NOW!

WOW!

Way to go!

Good job! Keep this for your records!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 5
tufa4311
Established Contributor

I could be wrong but in my opinion nothing actually happened here - the only thing they are going to do is put in a dispute for you. The next step is that the CB's will get the dispute and will investigate it - they will request your payment history from the credit card company, the credit card company will provide proof you had late payments and the lates will remain on your report. 

The Agencies are NOT the ones that removes lates from your creit report; the Agencies are NOT the ones that makes the decision on if you indeed paid late. The agencies do one thing and one thing only with regard to your payemnt history - they document the payment history the credit cards provide to them, that's it. The only way to get a late removed from your credit report is for the credit card company to STOP REPORTING it to the agencies. The credit card company is the source of the data, the late payement, thus they are the only ones who can stop reporting that to the Agencies. 

This "dispute" that they put in for you was just a "customer service" action they do - they are not going to argue about it with you - you want a dispute? sure, we'll put in a dispute, then the agency will ask for proof you paid late, we'll show them the proof, and the late will remain on your report.

Make sense?

796 TU FICO 08 (08/2018)
758 TU FICO 08 (01/12/2016)
753 TU FICO 08 (11/21/2015)
740: EQ Score Power (Beacon 5.0) FICO 04 (01/23/2015)
755 TU FICO 08 (01/21/2015)
652 TU Lender Pull (06/10/2014)
665 TU FICO 08 (05/21/2014)
Goal: 800+
Message 3 of 5
Creditobsessed12
Frequent Contributor

This makes sense and this is what I thought but I asked will you ask them to remove the lates and he replied yes.  I'm a bit confused.  Why would they put in a dispute for me?  I have never heard of that.  I thought they would send a letter saying consider removing these lates and that's it.  I think most creditors are under the impression that information cannot be removed from the credit file and that it is up to the agency to remove it.  Anyone else get a different feel from this live chat?  I guess time will tell though.  Smiley Sad

11/30/14 EQ 545 TU 573 EX 602 01/15 EQ 545 TU 586 EX 589
02/15 EQ 643 TU 627 EX 669 03/05/2015 EQ 708 TU 744 EX 707
05/2017 EQ 659 TU 676 EX 683
Goal: 700s across the board Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 5
tufa4311
Established Contributor

Creditors know that they are the ones reporting your credit history to the CB's - again, the CB's only list what the credit card company provides them. You say "consider removing these lates" - it's not the bureaus that removes anything at all, it's the creditor that reports that late to the bureaus that removes it. The creditor reports your status the the bureaus once a month -  each month they send a full history of your payments and each time those lates will be in it. If the creditor agrees to remove your late with a goodwill gesture then they will remove it from your history and then the next time they report your history to the bureaus the late will no longer be there and thus the bureaus will have no late to show on your report. Make sense? Remeber, it all starts with the creditor (the credit card company). One reason for the Bureau is to assist you by investigating your claims - if you put in a dispute, or if someone else put's in a dispute for you - as happened here, the bureau investigates it and just uses what the agencies reports to them. After that you can only file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (and you can also have a letter attached to you credit report explaining your side of the story - anyone pulling your report will still see your lates but they'll also see you explanation letter - I don't think this is advisable unless there indeed was no late payment made)

796 TU FICO 08 (08/2018)
758 TU FICO 08 (01/12/2016)
753 TU FICO 08 (11/21/2015)
740: EQ Score Power (Beacon 5.0) FICO 04 (01/23/2015)
755 TU FICO 08 (01/21/2015)
652 TU Lender Pull (06/10/2014)
665 TU FICO 08 (05/21/2014)
Goal: 800+
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.